1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Your suggestions

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by HBT, Jan 4, 2008.

1. HBT

HBT Junior Member
    from se mich

Hi all,
    I am thinking of getting a plow for my 00 Silverado 2500 and am looking for your suggestions. The Blizzard 800HD is so far the most appealing for the ease of mounting. I have issues with my neck thanks to a kid doing a u-turn in front of me. Dad and I used to plow back in the late 70's/early 80's w/dodge power wagons and meyer plows.
    Things have really changed since then so here I am asking the pro's. Thanks in advance.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

2500's look good with a Boss V Plow!

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I second the V-Plow. The V's hook up just as easy as a straight blade but are far more efficient. IMO

4. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I 3rd the Boss V

5. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Boss is the easiest to hook up outta the to. I've had both. I vote Boss V also.

6. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I think they are both very easy to hook up. I tried hooking up both Boss and Blizzard before I purchased, and they both were super easy, neither was more easy. I dont know if your thinking straight blade for the cost or not, but I would either go with a V or something like the 810, over a straight blade- it will really save you time being able to scoop.

I went with the 810, but you can't go wrong with anything out there these days. Boss, Western, and Blizzard are among the best IMO. Shop around, and check on dealer support.

7. HBT

HBT Junior Member
    from se mich

input

Thanks for the responses. I went with the 8' straight super duty. I'm going to use it for home and family so I didn't think I needed the v-plow. I admit it would look good on the truck like you said Grandville. Thanks again guys!