1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Your quick help is greatly needed with plow question.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by FWAINWRIGHT, Oct 24, 2011.

FWAINWRIGHT Junior Member

Hello all,
    Im new on here, so might not know all the correct terms, please bare with me.
    I just purchased a 12 year old Hiniker 2750-N snowplow and mount from someone on Craigslist. I didnt realize till I got the plow home that it didnt have complete wireing. The local shop says I need to convert the setup to a 10 pin config and need switches and relays but it seems like alot of money.
    What I currently have is 2 plugs coming off the plow mount (pump and selonoid).
    The 2 fat wires are the battery terminals. Got that by one being black and the other being red and both being 8 Guage wire.
    There are 4 wires that come off plow mount (pump and selonoid). There is a red, yellow, white, and black.
    Just trying to find out how I can wire this up without buying kits and switches.
    Im guessing the black thin wire would be the negative for the selonoid. Im also guessing that the red, yellow, and white wires each control something diff (one up, one left, and one down). Dont want to try hooing power up to anything till im sure im not gonna make anything worse.
    I have looked onlie for the old wire kit for the 4 wire config,and cant find anything. I tried to find the guy I bought the plow off of and he has moved in the last month since I bought plow (landlord has no idea where he moved to).
    The headlights each have its own 4 wire plug, and the pigtail for each side of my truck headlight and signal, so thats fine.
    Just need to know how to wire the 4 smaller wires (again: Red, Yellow, White, and Black).
    Im hoping I can hook them up like my old Meyer plow with 2 momentary switches, one for up and down and one for left and right.
    PLEASE help me out. You all are my last hope before spending Thousands of dollars for local shop wireing and setup.
    Would anyone know if this switch from Ebay for a Meyer plow would work???