1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

your pets ride with?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PowerWagon, Nov 3, 2007.

1. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

Do any of you have your pets cat or dog ride with you when plow snow?

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=41206 i think yes!!!

I won't do it though because my gf will be plowing with me some storms this year (depending how fast she gets sick of it, lol) and other than that, i like the quiet and not having to worry about my dog smashing the windshield or dash if i catch a curb or something!! lol

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Dogs are really smart, they usually go once and then they realize, it's much nicer to stay home in bed. From my experience with girls and from seeing my driver's experience's, girls are a smart as the dogs, they go once and then realize it's much nicer to stay home in bed.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

i'm bettin' on it....believe me LOL, all the hype i make about it, i don't think she'll see once we go out!...if she does, awesome, but i'll definitely keep the site updated on it!!!

5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Mike we have gone over this before. You don't ever take GF plowing, because when you are done, you won't have a GF.

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

LOL. A good girlfriend stays at home and has a big breakfast waitng on the table for you.

7. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Yeah my wife asked me a few times last season if she can tag along and everytime its a simple no. She talks constantly so that will drive me nuts when im trying to plow and she asks questions about everything so im always having to explain crap. She still gets frustrated that I wont let her go but seriously, who want to ride passenger while driving 10 miles driving in circles in a parking over and over and over. Goodluck if the GF goes along :D

As for pets, if I had any I may bring them but its unlikely.

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

You better enjoy that while they are still you GF because once they become your wife you can PROBABLY give up on the breakfast.

9. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

hey girlfriends in the truck can be a good thing..........................

10. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

When I do take my dog with me for whatever she is harnessed into the passenger seat. I would never take her plowing with me. It's too long a day, I dont need to be babysitting, and she would get hurt. It's dangerous taking an animal plowing. Unless you're doing some day after cleanups or whatever but not on a full run.

And. I dont care if a busload of strippers wants to go plowing with me. Unless they are on foot with a shovel in their hands they can stay home, or go plowing and having funz with MCW.

I have no time for socializing, babysitting, or screwing around. This is a serious business. Not some deal where you can take your chick or kids or dog for a ride along.

11. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

im planning on taking my chic along. course im planning on letting her go out on her own too. im probably not as involved as you are though sounds like you are running a full plate.

12. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Wound a little tight on this topic, huh? No big deal.... some see it differently & bring girls/pups. My wife has been out a few times, and so has my dog. I enjoy having either, and likewise I enjoy my own time, but I'm not dead set in any one direction on this topic.

13. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

i gotta say though i would take a bus load of strippers out in a heart beat. not sure where they would all sit but i have a idea for it if they share. :) :)

14. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Just been doing this kind of work long enough to know I dont need any distractions. I get in the zone and am efficient and safe. Passengers would screw that up for me making me unsafe and innefficient. Ergo= No go.

:waving:

15. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

No problem. I just take this very seriously. Not that you guys dont. But I couldn't be in the zone with passengers and babysitting chores going on at the same time.

Gimme no cars on the road, midnight trucker radio, 3 inches of nice snow, 25 degrees, a full cup of coffee, smokes and when I push the buttons, the stuff works. :)

Thats all I want or need on the road.

16. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

No riders with me unless it's a blank that doesn't speak english and doesn't peep a word until I tell him to get out and do the sidewalks. I also get into a zone and don't want to be bothered with anything other than operating my truck and havin' a ball...I do agree that dogs can get hurt, twisting a leg or something falling off the seat, flying into the dashboard, etc...

17. jbone

jbone Senior Member

I would love to bring my dog but shes afraid of cars, vacuums, puddles, suitcases, flights of stairs, anything that makes loud noises, the bathroom, etc., etc. So she would probably be afraid of plowing too.:rolleyes:

18. mmplowing

mmplowing Member

I actually go along with my husband every single trip. I love riding when he is plowing. I do all the invoicing, marketing, customer retention, record keeping, so it takes it off of his plate.

Although looking at some comments above, I better stop talking so much and asking so many damn questions haha :nono:

19. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Actually no, probably not in your situation (if your husband is smart, he'll put on another truck & put you in charge to double the empire!). Glad it's working out!! My wife (girlfriend in winters before) would often fall asleep sitting in the right seat, and otherwise we'd just have normal conversation. It never got in the way (well, except for the thimble-sized bladder that kept us on the trail of clean bathrooms!).

20. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

If I had a dog, yeah I would take 'em along. My buddy has a German Shepard and that damn dog goes everywhere with him.....everywhere!:dizzy: