1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Your opinions on this F250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Banksy, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/ctd/2608848428.html

I went by to look at it today. Nice truck, but don't like the electric 4x4. I had the thought run across my mind about trading it for my Dodge.

The dealer owner didn't like the fact my truck is a 6 speed. He said we were too far apart and he has a hard time selling manual tranny vehicles. Probably a good thing it didn't go anywhere....I can admit I got a little case of truck fever. I need the 4 doors, but I'd love to find a way into a truck like this one. What do you think about the price? Too high, too low, in the ball park?

2. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

You were too far apart ? how many miles on your truck ?

I would think this is a down grade for you no ?

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I agree^^^

4. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

Sure is a pretty truck. Looks well taken care of. DO you think that your Cummins -w- 6sp how many miles ? Those cummins are bullet proof, my opinion.
    I see this truck has low miles, but am I correct it is GAS. Seems like their might be a big shift back to gas plow trucks, just my thought.
    Good luck if you decide to make the swap.

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

141k on my truck. It would have been a downgrade. Nothing is wrong with my truck but this Ford just caught my eye. I'm over this truck but would like to get one similar in the future. I've been out of the truck market for a long time so I'm a little rusty on prices. Thanks gents.

6. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

honestly the price seems a little high to me. Not completely out of the ballpark but you'll be able to find something else im sure if you want to change. If worse comes to worse take a trip up here by me, there are a TON of trucks in that price range within 50 miles of my house. Its actually really weird

7. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

i put a plow on a truck just like this except it was a V10...i was drooling over it!

8. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

The price is a bit high. Theres holes drilled in the 4x4 switch and the trailer plug has rust and the 4 pin doesnt stay in anymore. to me = its pretty but theres something amiss. Honestly I think he got the truck and armor-all'd the daylights out of the engine and interior and its brighter than las vegas on saturday night.
    If I do remember correctly there is a post floating around here about the quality of the 5.4 dropping in the 05 year.... its a solid engine but not cummins solid... and I'm a ford guy. If you were planning on putting the cummins and 6 speed in the ford well then! now we are talking!
    you can do better.

And regarding the 4x4 being electric, I had a manual transfer case in my 150, my 350 is electric and it is the biggest pita. Never buy another vac/elec 4x4 again unless the price is so good I'd be kicking myself.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011