1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Your Opinion Counts

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Pirsch, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Looking at a 2001 Yahmaha Warrior ATV 350... $1500 is it worth it or not. I may want to put a plow on it. What do you think??? Decent or am I SOL...
  2. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Like the idea..........i recently thought about selling my V blade and doing the same thing, but the blade didn't sell. I was told that anything 450 and above will plow with no problem, but i have no first hand experience with that comment. I am not sure the size seems small to plow, but is it 4x4?
  3. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Don't really have the exact details...It's between a 350-500 and looks like 2wd not really great pictures. He's got 2 of them that are alike. I found him on Craigslist and he's real close about 20minutes from my house ...

I won't go over a $1k for them though don't know how trashed they may be and if they're hurting.
  4. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

there mostly a sport quad. 350 cc four stroke with i think a 5 speed trans. 2WD also...
  5. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Going to look for a good used Utility 4X4 that hopefully isn't beat up.

Thanks for all the input.
  6. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

I would go with that 4x4 idea, I had a neighbor that put a plow on his 400 2x4 quad and would push 1-2" ok if it was light but would not recommend it. I have a polaris 700 4x4 and it plows alot of snow I was very impressed with how well it does.
  7. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

we use to have a Yanaha Warrior somewhere around 300 - 350 with a v blade and salt spreader. Ran it for about 5 seasons untill a big 12 inch snow took out the motor. we had no problem pushing snow with it for sidewalks.

Put a urethane edge on the v blade since their cutting edges are crap.

We currently use a Kawasaki 450 4x4 with a v blade.
  8. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

A Blaster is a blast to drive, but don't even think of putting a plow on it. You will do nothing but spin the rear tires.
  9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I would spend the $1500 on an older 4x4 quad. trust me the warrior will be way way to light even with chains. all you will do will spin the tires and dig up the surface you are on. for $1800 i bought mine in my sig. paid $40 more and had a plow.