1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Your new clients have "selective hearing" ?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Dogplow Dodge, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I know I do, but that's usually when the ball and chain is complaining... or just talking.... one or the other..

I meet new client. Tell new client rates. up to 4 " $40, 4-8" $60, 8-12" $80, 12+ blizzard clause.... bla bla bla..

Send bill out

Get call back.

"Why the hell is my bill so high ?" bla bla bla...

I say, "yes you are mistaken, as I don't believe I would plow your driveway, regardless of depth for just $40, now did I. because if I did, I don't remember doing so." You had snow depths in the 3rd tier, and that's why it's $80 + tax.

Back and forth with his wife

Finally the say.... "Okay.... we didn't know"...

I guess the conversation I had with the husband ended at $40, and not a single word was absorbed afterwords....

:rolleyes:

2. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

I had the same issue with a drivway customer this year. My minium is $50 and it is a tiny 10 min flat easy push drive. So i said $50 per plow and ill shovel the 10ft walkway to her door. Well i gues she thought $25 sounded better as i got her check today for december. Will be calling her tomarrow...:rolleyes:

3. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

Dogplow do you put it in writing for this folks, this is how it works? Some people have a lot of noise in inside their head.

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Hahahahah!

Ain't that the truth.

5. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Only for the customers who bake me oatmeal raisin cookies. All the rest ... No Way ! :nono:

6. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

One neighborhood guy wanted HALF his driveway done since he only has one car and only HALF the sidewalk since that is all he is legally obligated to do (according to him)! I charged him regular price and do the whole thing and he thinks he is getting a deal. Oh well --- whatever.

7. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

Oatmeal raisin are the best.

8. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

That's hysterical.

I just got a call this afternoon from a woman who did the exact same thing. She has a driveway that she only wants the side in front of the garage done. the drive is 1.5 car lengths long x 2.5 car widths wide. I got the job, but I still gave her the price to do the whole drive, because it just doesn't make any sense to swipe half of it...

Are they really seriously thinking they're saving anything ?

9. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Stay away from Costco's Cookies...

24 pack is about $6 USD. If I don't freeze the pack as soon as it comes in the house, I eat the whole damn thing in about a day or so. Last thing I need is all those calories landing in my gut....