1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Your Neighbor

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Drakeslayer, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer 2000 Club Member
    from Carver

Alot of members on this site have opinions about the nationals, but many do not plow or de-ice them because of the pay. Why do you care who is plowing them or how much they are making or losing?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Guys get worried about spillage. Today walsmart then the chain gas stations and so forth. All it takes is for Nationals to start promoting to these places on how they are saving them money and they will sign with them.

3. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

You don't understand why people don't appreciate seeing their friends and colleagues getting screwed by them?

Taking away your market share while devaluing the service you provide by putting nimrods and desperado's in place??

4. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

I hate Spillage.....Could not agree more...Walmart today....The corner Office Lot next....

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Its like the airlines, once one rasies the ticket prices, the rest follow. When no pays, they lower the tickets but hit u with hidden fees and extras.

6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Well said Jim :drinkup:

7. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

I do work for nationals in my area, they are absolutely great, pay in 14 days, not a incredible amount of paper work (keep track of days worked submit the end of the month) so what some nationals do absolutely disgusts me, and there is no reason for it. I have talked with the nationals that I work for about this, and the general consensus is this, if a national doesn't deal with its contractors with integrity, respect, and a sense of fairness, they invite failure upon themselves. But the problem becomes that these nationals ruin the relationships, we have built with our contracts. Ever wonder why lawyers and used car salesmen have such bad reputations, do you think all fit the cliche? Probably not, but a couple of them ruin it for the rest.

8. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Agreed.

I work for a National and yes, it wasn't the best pay, but by far it wasn't the worst compared to some of the horror stories I hear on this site. They were easy to deal with, payments were received in prompt manner, I am able to negotiate pricing, and from what I can tell they have stayed loyal to me even if they might find another company in the area that might be cheaper.

It is what it is. It's the new game that corporations are playing. In this economy, I don't blame them. Prices for goods and operating costs are rising while the prices they sell those goods and services are staying low.

If you disagree with the nationals and their service, then what's stopping anyone of us on this site from going and creating our own national service........

9. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

i don't like anyone who de-values the service we all provide... we leave too much money on the table as it is.... We probally are guillty of putting all the natiionals in one big basket feeling they are all the same, but llike us some do great work and others .....well lets say there is something to desire. The thing i really do not like is the fact that the nationals are not taking any responsibility for slip and fall and putting all on the contractor. if they are going to take part of the pie, then they should share in the risk..

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

x2, as usual