1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Your help has been appreciated.

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by cleansweep007, Oct 25, 2008.

1. cleansweep007

cleansweep007 Senior Member

Hey just wanted to say that everyone's help has been fantastic. I just recently became a member and had a few questions about my western ultra mount. A day later they were all answered and saved me hours from guessing the answers.

Stay strong on the bidding war that seems to be going on with snow plowing contracts. Here in IA we have a lot of people deciding to plow now since we had a great winter last season. It makes it tough for the people that are actually trying to run a business doing it.

Just recently after placing a bid on a shopping center, we landed it. Explaining our professional behavior and being able to handle demanding work we beat out the low ballers !!!

We will always loose acounts because someone is willing to charge five dollars less for a driveway but press on and remember there is always more out there and you probably didn't need that customer any way !

Thanks again !!!
    Tim

2. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

We will always loose acounts because someone is willing to charge five dollars less for a driveway but press on and remember there is always more out there and you probably didn't need that customer any way !

Thanks again !!!
    Tim[/QUOTE]

I'd agree...someone looking to save 5 bucks on a drive or a couple more on a lot probably isn't the ideal customer. Everyone should keep that in mind, IMO.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Hey Tim... I am in Clear Lake. Hope you have a great winter.