1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Your Favorite Truck Brand

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Fiafighterdude, Feb 20, 2008.

?

Whats your Favorite Truck Brand ?

1. Chevy

23.1%
  2. GMC

23.1%
  3. Ford

48.1%
  4. Dodge

17.6%
  5. Other ( if so tell in a comment )

2.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

2. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Own a chevy but am a bigger fan of the GM front end on the newest body style.

3. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

Small trucks, Ford.

Big trucks, well I like my Freightliner a good bit even though she is just a little thing.

4. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

blue oval ford pick ups and small dumps, Internationals for bigger dumps..

man your just in the poll mood arnt cha?

5. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

its a heated battle.......:gunsfiring: :bluebouncpurplebou:redbounce

6. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

i picked chebby but i think it is more about comparing models of the trucks too. some models i like better than others.
    any truck that does what i need it to do without costing a lot that i dont mind driving i like, pretty much.

7. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

To be honest i am too not impressed with my chevy i have thrown quite a bit of money into this thing in the short time ive owned it. I am looking into trading this truck in on a newer dodge w/ the cummins sometime at the end of this summer. It would be nice to have a truck w/ a warrenty.

8. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

Ford suck unless its a 1 ton dump

9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

[​IMG]

Chevy for me

10. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

I own a Ford, i have owned a 78 F150 (nickel and dimed me to death) a 94 ranger that was a waste , a 98 ranger loved it but one bigger and current 2001 F150... i have the title buy my work truck which is a Chevy NBS 07 is a gas hog the company i work for uses chevys for there fleet

11. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

GMC/Chevy all the way.

12. payton

payton Senior Member

ford f350 srw cc lb fx4 package with a 5.9 cummins in it.. i will have one.. this i swear..

13. JCStrasser

JCStrasser Member

Have had 2 different 2002 GMC 2500 4x4's- one with the 6.0L xcab gas. The other was a 8.1L big block/ Allison crewcab. Should have kept the crewcab. The 8.1L averaged 12mpg or so.

Now have a 2006 Dodge Cummins/ G56 manual- gets mid teens average. Great engine put it in any gear and it will idle down our road while plowing, foot off the accel pedal.
    Rest of the truck?- its just OK.

So right now fuel costs would be the same between the 8.1L and the CTD. And I could find fuel at ANY gas station. Should have kept the crewcab.

14. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

Go ford! Ford is winning too sad to say for you chebby fans.

15. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

I'm a FORD man, but I don't mind spending seat time in my Dakota too.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  16. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

You know if you combine the chevy and gmc polls then ford is loosing, after all there the same truck!!! So in the end no matter how you look at it, GM still sells more trucks.

17. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Voted both Ford & Other. For personal use I love my Nissan Titan, it is by far the best L/D truck I've owned. As for work, I'll take Ford over the rest any day in the 3/4-ton to medium duty (f550) class. For anything bigger, give me either an old Mack or a newer Pete to get the job done.ussmileyflag

18. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

GMC/Chevy all the way! Best trucks on the road IMO!

Remember... ford stands for Found On Road Dead..... Who wants to own a dead truck?:gunsfiring:

19. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

That's because it took them 2 tries and they still haven't got it rite. First On Race Day

20. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

Me and you need to get together and make this happen, but it also has to have the Allison tranny :):drinkup: