1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Your Favorite Tractor ?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Fiafighterdude, Feb 20, 2008.

Whats your Favorite Tractor Brand

1. Kubota

2. New Holland

3. John Deere

4. Bobcat

5. Cub Cadet

6. Other ( if so tell in a comment )

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

2. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

come guys vote
  3. bosshogg

bosshogg Member

I prefer CAT
    John Deer would be a strong second
  4. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

John Deere with tractors, Bobcat for a skidsteer, and Cat for const. equipment. But I voted for the good old Green and yellow!
  5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm going to have to go with Deere.

(Got a 1941 JD B in the shed)
  6. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

kubota hands down.

just wish i could have picked a u.s. made product but i have to pick what i think its the best.
  7. keitha

keitha Senior Member

Gotta go green.
    My family is using on a daily basis a 1966 jd 2510 diesel.
  8. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

9. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Kubota, this is how I break it down.

Years of service. 15+ = 10
    Reliability. excellent = 10
    Repairs minimum = 10
    Comfort 8 out of 10 = 8
    Price = 10

If it were not for the price factor I would vote JD, I consider it the Mercedes of tractor's
  10. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

I guess this is just new tractors you can still buy. I'm not that much of a tractor guy, but if I was to get a nice compact tractor it would be a Cub or New Holland. But I have always loved my dad's neighbor's Minneapolis Moline. That thing is killer, I'm like a little kid on it. It's big, loud, and I love it!
  11. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

CASE IH :salute:
  12. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I bleed green!wesport
  13. iluvscag

iluvscag Member
    from STL

Farming just under 5,000 acres. Green is the only machine that you will see on the place. Years of reliabilty, great dealer service, and great resale are some of the key virtues as to why I buy Deere.
  14. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I voted for Deere but was wondering where is Case IH and Massey Ferguson, how come there not in the poll? they have a long history like Deere and I am pretty sure Massey was the first farm tractor ever made.
  15. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

John Deere 4020
    enough Said,

sublime out
  16. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

I think it Ford but it have gas engine.

Massey didn't start until 40's to 60's I will ask my friend what first massey was make in year.
  17. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

Nothing runs like a Deere!tymusic
  18. newhol plower

newhol plower Member

i voted for new holand because i drive one. can get almost same options as jd but cheaper. anyone that has driven a fendt says it beats everything else hands down but very expensive and sofictacated. they tell me that not just anyone can jump in and drive but once you get on to it you'll love it. they are way ahead of there time but every other manufacture is catching up. farmers are the one telling me (mostly menonites and amish) they all like jd for the name but if they can afford a fendt they will buy one.
  19. newhol plower

newhol plower Member

is anyone formliar with fendt
  20. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Everyone know's what I voted for. If you want to vote for Case IH, vote for NewHolland because we all know most of the tractors are blue ones painted red. If Ford didn't buy Case, I would be Case Dave still. If I didn't buy JD, I would probably buy Kubota if were talking snow tractors, but on the farm there is no comparison. JD wins hands down!! They have a complete line of equipment and they stand behind what they sell.