1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Your experience with a poly edge on a back plow - good or bad

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Hawkeyestoob, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Hawkeyestoob

Hawkeyestoob Junior Member

The title pretty much says it all.

I just purchased a snowman back SC70 blade with wings and would like to hear from people who have used poly edges on back blades. What did you like and what didn't work well? Does the down pressure cause it to wear prematurely?

I will be using this for residential driveways and I like the ability to be a bit gentler on the customers property as well as the truck.

Thanks,
    Craig

2. I have it on one of mine and love it.

3. Hawkeyestoob

Thanks R&R.

How does it wear compared to the steel edges?

4. sthoms3355

sthoms3355 Member
    from Detroit

We have converted our Hiniker "C" Plow top blades to poly to prevent leaving rust marks on driveways and being easier on the concrete. They work great. They do wear a little faster and obviously are most expensive but we believe it is worth it.

5. Hawkeyestoob

How have you attached your poly edges?
    I have read that there is no need to use anything other than new hardware with oversize washers if your poly edge is at least 1.5 inches thick. I know that some people will also use the old steel edge but mine is not worn enough to make that an option.