1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Your biggest invoice?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by alpine692003, Jan 7, 2005.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 Senior Member

Whats your guys biggest invoice?

My biggest one is $4450 its surrounds an area that is approximately, 2-4acres..
  2. JMR

JMR Senior Member

My newest account will be my largest invoice. An office campus for a multi-billion dollar company. This company wants the complex running water at all times. They want me to have a crew on site from the first flake till the storm is over and every thing is liquid. I haven't figured the actual bill for this storm yet 14.7" almost 32 hours of continuous snow. I had crews on site for 40 hours straight. Rough figures tell me around $10-12K, but I have got to get all labor hours and salt bills together and add things up. Last tear they spent over $35K on snow and ice management for 6 events. We are figuring this as a 2 event storm. payup payup
  3. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

NO Comment........

Those evil IRS agents are lurking everywhere !!!!!! :nono:

Not that we would "cheat" the system

Largest invoice::::? HUmmmmm $1.00 :drinkup:
  4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

last year 2500 from Red Lobster that dec blizzard i was there 4 times
  5. cbsuperduty

cbsuperduty Junior Member
    from Iowa

JMR... Just kind of curious if you would share what company that is??? I am from accross the river and got about the same amount as you guys.
  6. alpine692003

Okay, uhm..

You guys have a per bill event charge? meaning each time you visit the site?
  7. JMR

JMR Senior Member

North campus Conagra Foods (Opus), 72nd St & I-680. They were dissatisfied with their previous service. They are VERY VERY picky. I have sub- contractors handling the entire job. I am good buddies with the head maintenance engineer and his referral helped land me the account.
  8. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Nobody I know of here bids seasonally. We usually bid by event (with snow level pricing) , by the push (visit), or hourly.
  9. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

Are you a fly by night and don't report your income to irs?
  10. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

My largest Invoive a customer for one storm was $ 11,800.00
  11. alpine692003

WOW, ... LOL

Mine is uhm, 10k so far total..
  12. SnoForce

SnoForce Junior Member

The blizzard of '96' . I invoiced Frederick County Schools just under $38,000.
    1 high school
    1 middle school
    2 elementary schools
    My best year ever for the amount of snow we usually get around here. John
  13. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

I know where that is they just added a large building there last year. Maybe next year you can get the down town complex. Now that would bring some serious money. payup
  14. alpine692003

Wow with those prices, you can retire for 6 months for 1 month of work ..

15. JMR

JMR Senior Member

I got some e-mails from them yesterday, a day after the storm. They were so impressed with our service that I would say I would have a pretty good shot at their downtown campus next year. That will take some major putting together. I will need to find a lot more subs. I am hoping to get my foot far enough in the door to get their $1m a year landscaping budget and sub it out as well. Only time will tell.
  16. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

IRS agents on plowsite? right
  17. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

irs agents or just plain rats
  18. JMR

JMR Senior Member

I've been audited by the IRS, if your doing it right you should have nothing to hide. 3 days of auditing my business records and after it was all said and done I didn't owe them a dime. :p
  19. landcare pa

landcare pa Member

are biggest one time snow event was last year $65,000 total storm just under $200,000 payup payup
  20. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

I work for Snow Systems a huge outfit in Wheeling Il. I would love to see there invoices from this week. Guessing up to or over 1 million. No crap here we got 12 inches last tuesday wedsday and thursday. Plus salt runs last sunday. These guys are for real and they get er done. When the other big boys fell on there faces these guys picked up new accounts.