1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

your bid estimates please.

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by sameoldthang, Dec 15, 2013.

1. sameoldthang

sameoldthang Member

Hi guys, you have a great website here and vast knowledge. I am here to acquire some assistance on a bid. I was plowing a subdivision yesterday and was approached to plow a church, that was not marked and 4 inches of wet snow. I told him my quote and was told I was very high and he has no choice and go ahead and do it. Just plow, no salt.

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

$100 per visit with 2'' trigger

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  3. sameoldthang

sameoldthang Member

Thanks. I charged him $200 with 4" so I got lucky. Its a church/daycare so I am hoping to have him sign a contract this week for 125 on 2" trigger. Thanks again !

4. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

How long did it take yo? That seems fair ish

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

$150.... That a lot of f#cking around there.

6. sameoldthang

sameoldthang Member

40 min to push 4" of heavy wet snow using a 79' k30 with a western straight 7'6. The guy pays me o the spot always and brings me cars to work on so am pleased. I bend a bit for a church and daycare.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I figure at 20min job at 4'' with my setup

Looks like a real easy lot to clean if you have a plan before stating it