1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Your best plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RICHIE K, Jan 30, 2007.

RICHIE K Member
    from NJ

Just wondering what your favorite plow is. We love meyers
  2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I have a Meyers now and have used them since I started plowing (5 years) But now that I have tried out my friend's truck with a Boss, I am sold on the Boss and will be replacing my meyer with a Boss. So, hands down, my favorite is Boss:)
  3. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

Best Plow

Boss V blade. I got a 9'2" poly vee. Paid xtra for the poly but I'm not sure it was worth it. The blade doesn't rust but the shop I got from said the poly is slicker than steel so the snow won't stick. I even believed him!! Whata DA:dizzy: It was slick for a while but after a gazillion hours of pushing snow all the grit in the snow sanded the poly so now the snow does stick. No huge deal just a minor thing to weigh in on your plow choice. I'd love to try a Blizzard but I have too many 1/2 mile plus roads in open country that drift too tight for me to give up my Vee.
  4. diehrd

diehrd Senior Member
    from NY

I have to say my New Arctic ..
  5. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I've got 2 favs right now. My new Fisher 9.5 Extreme V and my Blizzard 810. They both have there advantages but I can't pick between them.
  6. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I love Boss! The only others I would consider would be a Blizzard 810 or a Fisher 9.5 Xtreme-V stainless. But it would take some time to make me switch.:nod:
  7. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher all the way! I think I'd enjoy a Fisher Xtreme V for the next truck.
  8. loyboy

loyboy Member
    from KCMO

I just love working on my meyers alllllll the time..... NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dizzy:
  9. DJC

DJC Senior Member

All I have to say is BLIZZARD 810xysport
  10. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

#1 fisher (its what i got). If i had to get a different brand for my truck (f-150) itd be a boss or western
  11. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

After using Fishers, Westerns, Meyers & Boss for 6 years prior to buying a Boss, its pretty obvious which brand i chose. Out of the other 3 ive used i wouldve gone with a Fisher only if it was faster. The Boss is boss!
  12. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

They all seem to have their advantages. Some areas it pays to have a Meyers, because parts are easy to come by. atleast around here they are. When it comes to Western or Boss. I've heard that parts are kinda hard to come by. I do agree with the fact that Meyers can definitely be a pita but easy to fix.
  13. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

i love my boss wouldnt mind trying a new western
  14. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

BOSS!!! wesport
  15. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I've owned everything but a Blizzard or Boss

Fisher is Fisher and always will be at the top of my list, but Boss and Blizzard have some great features!, I wish Fisher would adopt some of their ideas.

Meyers Products are decent in my opinion, I like the Diamond trip edge blades, The Curtis has the best hook up features, Boss is close, but not quite there in my opinion.

I would love to see a Fisher Trip edge blade with extention wings like a Blizzard, the attack angles of a Diamond the speed and down pressure the Boss, the ease of attaching the Hitch & Run system of the Curtis with the Lift frame and famous triangle of a Minute Mount 1

Well if Douglas Dynamics keeps going, maybe in ten years there will be what I described out there! lol

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  16. GTMS

GTMS Senior Member

Fisher 8 1/2 EZV hands down
  17. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

my favorites are our meyer HM 9 and the HM 10 they are built so heavy and durable they make our westerns and our meyer "c" series look like toys.
  18. Turf Masters

Turf Masters Member

Meyers Only!

Been plowing with Meyers for 20 years.No problems ever!In the last 6 years we have changed to all Poly Moldboard.CP-9 and CP-8.5.
  19. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Fisher on all but one truck, so I guess fisher.
    We have an old meyers blade on the 85 chev, but with a fisher under the hood pump and valve body. And that blade is solid.
  20. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

GTMS.... what do you think about the newest Xtreme-V? Doesn't it seem to capture all the best components of Fisher AND some newer ideas like the higher ends? Personally never used the X-blade, and I don't know if the extra weight will be worth anything, but I'm up for trying!