1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Your all going to laugh.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Willman940, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

So after the raving review I gave boss plows, that most of you proved very wrong. The fire department I work for bought one. An 8'6" straight blade for one of out 2012 F350 CC/LB diesels.

Having put a few hours in with it now, I can say this.

Its a really nice plow, it does everything I ask it too with ease, I really can't find anything major to complain about.

The complaints I have are minimal, and just involve getting used to it more then anything.

-I found it very hard to find a happy medium between float and just above the ground for plowing our unpaved training ground, Although when it sensing the blade hitting the ground when I'm pushing though the drainage ditch it automatically goes into float as if it were a chainlift, which is nice.

-Genius I am being used to westerns and blizzard forgot the kickstand and bent it 90 degrees.
    -Other then that the mounting system is very smooth, I can't say enough about how the pins go in on there own once you turn the paddles to the ON position.

-It didn't come with a snow deflector where I'm already seeing snow coming over the moldboard, and I think that will get worse in dealing with the Alaska winter. I doubt I could get the department to buy one.

I am honestly very happy with this plow I am more limited by the size of the truck then I am the plow itself.

Have a good week gentleman.

2. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

You have snow to plow ?
  3. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

Yea, I'm not living in the Twin Cities anymore, I moved up to Fairbanks Alaska, we have 4 inches give or take.
  4. DozerDoug

DozerDoug Junior Member

Hey John,

Welcome to Fairbanks. With our dry fine snow I found that without a snow flap I could hardly move snow without it blowing over the hood. I went down to Ak Rubber and Rigging on Van Horn and bought a 12" wide piece of conveyer belting and bolted it to the top of the blade with a strip of flatstock steel to sandwich it. This works great. Now I need a set of plow wings to complete the setup.