1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Yound business owners getting insurance?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by born2farm, Sep 19, 2011.

1. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Has any of the younger guys had trouble getting insurance? I keep getting denied because I am only 18. Agent basically said to give up on the business for a while. I dont think she understands how much I have invested. Anybody have any companies to look in to?

title should say "young"...oops

2. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Have you tried multiple different companies? I know there are some age triggers for certain things...like 25 for renting a car. Anyone over 21 that can go on it with you?

3. born2farm

There saying that all drivers must be over 21.

4. CS-LAWNSERVICE

CS-LAWNSERVICE Member

Look for an agent that shops around to find you what you need

There has to be some one out there that will insure an 18 year old

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Will this work. I'm assuming your trying to get as a person. Can you form a business and get as business?

6. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Insurance Company will still want to know who is Driving the Vehicles...Even if its a Business Name.....Tough to insure an 18-19 year old in a Liability setting....Before everyone jumps on my ass...I said Tough...Not Impossible....Keep searching...Someone will insure you...But its not gonna be Cheap

7. born2farm

This is what im doing. I am owner of my business and the insurance is in business name. They are throwing a fit because me as the owner I am only 19, driver number one is 20 and driver number two is 27. They said its throwing flags because of underage.

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

OK. Are you dealing with one agent/co or a broker?

9. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

I see you are a SIMA member.....Give them a call and see if they can point you in the right direction.....

10. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Of course. They're masters of the numbers game. You do land in the very high risk range because of your age and the history of teen drivers. They know you are more likely to make a claim than older more experienced drivers.

11. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Insurance is rough all around when you are younger (under 25). Before I hit the 25 mark I had no tickets or accidents and paid $2,000 a year for a Pontiac G6. It had nothing to do with me personally but I paid for every other hammer head 20 year old moron who drove like a tool box and crashed into every pole up and down the street. Trust me bro...I'm not siding with the insurance company at all but I can see where it would throw flags up with the younger aged people. Usually the actual insurance guy you talk to doesnt make the rules, its the underwriter at the big office and they base stuff off of statistics. I would call SIMA and see if they can point you in a direction. Sit down with the phone book and start calling every insurance place you can find. You will eventually find one that will help you but you are gonna pay BIG MONEY for that policy. Good luck!

12. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Try farm bureau they insured me when i was your age no problem

13. born2farm

I will try this.

Didnt even think about this. I contacted them tonight. Thank you!!