1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

You THINK you got snow? LOOK AT THIS !

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by hedhunter9, Feb 26, 2010.

1. hedhunter9

hedhunter9 Senior Member

My sister sent me these from Fargo N. Dakota

2. hedhunter9

hedhunter9 Senior Member

Couple more pic's

Fargo N Dakota.jpg
  3. hedhunter9

hedhunter9 Senior Member

Those were from the 1st day of the storm.
    You should have seen it after the 2nd day when it got really BAD::dizzy:
  4. DJC

DJC Senior Member

I would love to have a storm that big just one time !!!
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

We call that flurries were I live!
  6. Wiseguyinc

Wiseguyinc Member
    from MN

ummm....being only 45 miles away I can tell you those are not from Fargo. They look like upstate New York a couple years ago.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I guess it depends where you live, but we call it a dusting. Kinda like pop/soda/coke same thing:D Oh and JDC you would never want that much snow, it's been said by a few wise men on here "if you ever actually went through a huge storm you wouldn't ever want one" Heck I don't even like anything over 8" I'd rather have 4 2" events
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  8. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

where ever it is, sucks to be them!!!
  9. Plow Chaser

Plow Chaser PlowSite.com Addict

If I had a dollar for everytime those pictures were posted from being from "such and such" place, I'd probably have about $67 dollars!
  10. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

Once again, your sister lied to you. Being from Fargo, I can testify those pictures are not here. First telltale lie is the pictures show trees--we don't really have trees here and secondly the houses show two stories which we really don't have here either. What we do have here is cold. If you guys want, send me your empty mason jars, I'll fill them up with cold air and ship them back to you. When july comes, you open them all up and the temperature will go down 10 degrees in your house.

Unfortunately, since the cold insures that all the snow we do get doesn't melt, we also get floods. Weather service has already announced a 86% probability of getting the same flood as last year. Stay tuned for a good time on the Red River. Remember you don't have a warm fuzzy feeling when you see the Coast Guard in North Dakota.
  11. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

Those are old pictures. I see them a few years ago somewhere. None the less, can you imagine having that much on your roof?
  12. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

^ that's why cities have codes for the minimum angle of your roof
  13. hedhunter9

hedhunter9 Senior Member

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  14. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

Where is copper country?
  15. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Yoops :nod:
  16. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

A couple of them are from here.

From 2004

2 Years ago someone sent them to me saying they were from Buffalo NY and I posted them here as well. :dizzy:
  17. snowman2007

snowman2007 Junior Member

Thats when you say I give up and shut off the truck.
    Thats crazy
    Great Pics

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

theyre ny pics, i can tell by the continuity of the snow, if i could just taste it, i could tell ya if it was a norester or good ole lakeeffect hahahahahahaa
  19. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

lol, I think I'd have around $70, especially with the snowblower, that's been around
  20. Harleychvy

Harleychvy Senior Member

If you all want to know the real truth, those pics are from my yard. Thats me on my roof clearing off. And thats me snowblowing a path to my barn.

It was a freak storm, it all fell in about 6 hours. We broke a record by 1 inch. :laughing: