1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

You tell me .

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by HOLLYWOOD, Jan 28, 2004.

1. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Member

Hello .

I think I'm going to get a v-box spreader. Please give me you though on witch one.

SNOW EX V8000 or stainless AIR-FLO

MY though is they both hold about 2 ton and neither will rust.
    the V8000 would be aLot easier to get out of my truck then the AIR-FLO . If it helps my truck is a F450 dump

thanks for the help.

2. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Buy the one that you can get serviced quickly, or that you can get parts for quickly.

3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

snow ex is made in Michigan if my info is correct,just bought a 1075 and so far I like it.

Regards Mike

4. CANFIELDNH

CANFIELDNH Junior Member

HOLLYWOOD; I JUST SOLD A BUYERS STAINLESS V-BOX TO A CUSTOMER AND HE TOLD ME THAT IS THE BEST V-BOX HE HAS EVER OWNED. HE HAS THREE V-BOX SPREADERS AND THEY DON'T WORK LIKE HIS NEW ONE. HE LOVES THE CHAIN DRIVE INSTEAD A BELT. YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK ONE OUT. BR

5. elite1

elite1 Senior Member

From what I have read here, and my option on the the vee pro which I own.

I think that I would go with the v box.(stainless). you should be able to get at lest 4000lbs of salt in it, and if you heap it 5,000

the very most you will get in a vee pro is 4000, and that is stacked. I could not get one more grain of salt. Most of the time it is around 2500-3000 lbs.

On a pick up the vee pro is the way to go, because it saves on weight- that 600# more salt you can carry.

how many tons do you normally spread per event. how fare away is the pile. The full v box capacity is nice.

The electric on the vee pro is better than a gas motor.

what do you have now, from what I have heard, if you have a tailgate spreader you will love the vee pro, if you have a v box you should stay with the vee box.

I have had good luck with my unit, I would recommend it, I think that your truck can handler a bigger unit and so thats why I think I would get the v box. A company does make a electric v box- might be worth looking into.

6. CANFIELDNH

CANFIELDNH Junior Member

:waving: SNO-WAY MAKES A ELECTRIC V-BOX.

7. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Please turn your CAPS off

Canfieldnh,

Please turn your CAPS off. Using caps denotes you are yelling. No one here really likes to be yelled at:)

Thanks

8. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

why dotn you jsut get a gate spreder,on ur dump its jsut that lip that lets the salt ontot he hopper and cant you get more salt on ur dump then a v-box