1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

You put a BOSS on what???

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Patriot, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Patriot

Patriot Junior Member

OK, I know what you're thinking. Why?? Well, why not? We do a lot of fabrication work and this was one we couldn't pass up.

e350.jpg

e3502.jpg

e3503.jpg

2. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

nice job!

The van is 4x4 correct?

3. MOW ME OVER

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

Why not put a plow on it, its got 4 wheel drive under it. The only bad thing about it is the lack of visability when backing up. Just go straight or go in circles. LOL :)

4. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

Is that a factory 4x4 or a conversion of some type??

Either way pretty sweet,
    Mark K

5. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Talk about a party wagon!! :waving:

6. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Gotta have one of those.....
    Toss a couch, tv, and a fridge in the back and I wouldn't have to go into my house all winter!!!

7. Patriot

Patriot Junior Member

4x4

The conversion is a Quigley. Very Impressive conversion. According to the owner it has a 4500lb. axle rating. He'll be posting soon. I just turned him onto this site.
    Craig

8. dunedog

dunedog Senior Member

I don't feel so alone !!

dogs 037.JPG

9. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

I have seen that before but on a Chevy Astro commerical workvan. The guy who does my sprinklers has a 7.5' Meyer plow on his Chevy Astro. This guy is sick when it comes to fabricating trucks. He also has a Buyers tailgate salter on it. A buddy of mine also has several Ford E-550 trucks with 3-way dump bodies and 9' Meyers plows on them. However I don;t think he'd let me post pics of them for security reasons. Oh well, nice looking setup anyways.

10. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Patriot, where in CT are you? I noticed your previous post with the Freightliner. I have an '05 M2, single axle, 33k that I would like to put a blade on. Likely a 10'-12' blade for roads. Any suggestions, ideas?...I obviously need something that's going to hold up.

11. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Lots of room for the sidewalk crew in there. Maybe even room for a nap on those long nights.

12. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Talk about office space :eek: :eek: . I just read a post about somebody using a laptop or pda, but that you could set your office in it. :cool:

13. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I can see the E350, but the mini-van, come on now :dizzy:

14. dunedog

dunedog Senior Member

Hey Eyesell check it out....
    I don't have many (if any) options to choose from ,for my set of wheels ,and this thing works better than I would have hoped.!!!! Some guys I know, that have plowed for years, were surprised at the good job it did.The looks I get are priceless....I even had a plower stop to see what I was using....he couldn't believe a van was pushin' snow......
    As far as the van, it has plenty of torque and came with a tranny cooler and posi rear ...so the AWD rocks with this rig.
    Pushing snow has NOT been a problem......

15. dunedog

dunedog Senior Member

Hope I got these shots to take here....

Attached Images security 019.jpg (90.0 KB, 80 views)
    security 021.jpg (79.0 KB, 75 views)

16. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I think Quigley is the only conversion place that Ford will uphold the warranty on the vehicle for. They have been doing it for awhile. I believe they do all the Fedex, etc. 4x4 vans. Not cheap though. Something like 7-8k for a conversion.

17. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

"The only bad thing about it is the lack of visability when backing up"

you could always add a back up camera like they have in RV's

18. Patriot

Patriot Junior Member

Visibility

Actually the visibility was no worse than a truck with a spreader in the bed. Actually it was a bit better.

Craig

19. sbrem

sbrem Member

So how well does the E-350 plow? I have never seen that before, but why not? Seems like it would do as well as a pickup

Stephen

20. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

You can order them from the factory with four wheel drive, iv seen the power companies with these 4x4s and iv seen them in the truck trader. I have E-350 power stroke but no 4x4 :(