1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

You midwestern people...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Iowa, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Iowa

Iowa Senior Member
    from Iowa

What have you heard for this winter? I have heard actually more people telling me a colder/snowier winter. I've seen two things (accuweather and noaa) that say mild, but a lot more with the cold and snowy because of the mild summer.

What have you heard?
  2. Hawkc01

Hawkc01 Member

I've "heard" mild temps and average snowfall. When May is here I'll give you a full report of what "actually" happened. Like you, I would like to know too, but we both know that sigh of relief ain't going to happen.
  3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

The farmers almanac says a bad winter but who knows. NOAA said that the west was going to be dry this year but they're already way off!! Check this out!!
  4. 93CobraCPR

93CobraCPR Junior Member

Meteorologist and business management have degrees to get their pay but regular people use common sense. Look to the sky, feel the temp and listen to wind that should tell you.

Guarantee snow:
    Broken Plow
    Truck not running
  5. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Meteorologists are capitalist fascists just like the government. :nod:
    They're all crooks.
  6. Iowa

Iowa Senior Member
    from Iowa

Another thing is that I've noticed that the silver maple's are dropping their leaves earlier this year.......usually they don't start dropping for another two weeks.....maybe another sign? :redbounce
  7. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

I noticed here in Canada that the rabbits changed colours early this year, which is another good sign :)
  8. jkkalbers

jkkalbers Senior Member

I've also noticed the silver maples are dropping early about 10 days early around here. I'll tell you next year if it's actually a good sign or bad sign! ;)