1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

You heard me say it first.....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Iowa, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Iowa

Iowa Senior Member
    from Iowa

I put my plow to the back of the garage today to make way for the mowing equipment to get ready, I don't think it will be moving either.

I think winter is over.

2. Trails End Lawn

Trails End Lawn Junior Member

What

We just got 2"-4" in the Des Moines area today and are supposed to get another 1"-3" tommorrow.

3. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

1-2" in chicagoland tuesday into wednesday so i would think that it is not over

4. DJDarknez

DJDarknez Member

Snow tomorrow? It just rained today!

Oy....

5. osbo68

osbo68 Member

Boy we where feeling the same way here. Haven't had snot all yr. No snow for the last month then we got 6" last night. payup 13 hrs. in my trk today. Yea!!! maybe it's not done yet. :bluebounc They say we could get somemore this weekend. Sweet!!!

6. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

yea im ready :gunsfiring:

7. GoSnow

GoSnow Junior Member

I think i'll leave my western unimount unattached in my dry garage.I'll play with mother nature this time.I'll put it on if it approaches 1''.I hate when i put it on for nothing! :gunsfiring:

8. Mowey9

Mowey9 Member
    from Iowa

This is Iowa were talking about remember. It can be 61 out one days and then be 20 48hours after that. Bring on the snow. My only concern is I'm going to out last my truck.

9. gpin

gpin Senior Member

I think that burying your plow in the back of the shop is the most effective method of bringing on snow.

For no snow: check out the equipment, top off fluids, change a hose, hang the blades on, get salt in the hopper, drop off the bobcat, make sure the snow blower starts, gas everything up, put an extra 5 in the back, go home early, get some sleep....

10. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

how to get snow

For Snow: Leave the truck on fumes, Forget to fill the 2 gal with 50/50 mix, plan a dinner date with the wife and pick up the babysitter, take the plow off and park your wifes car behind it, pushed off ordering more salt so your empty at the moment...

11. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

LMAO Grn Mtn and gpin, thats exactly how it works.

They were calling for 1" or less tonight but now were up 2-3". Who knows maybe it will be the storm of the century or at least the weather guessers will make it out out be.

12. Mowman62531

Mowman62531 Member

They are calling for 1-3 for the Springfield area.....Just need to to push though! Bring it on! :drinkup:

13. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

Got 1.77 inches here in Ames yesterday according to the computer, expecting another 2-4 tonight. Hope I'm not overly hungover after fat tuesday tonight, could be a long morning...

14. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I bent a cylinder on my tractor's snow plow. I don't plan to fix it until it snows. I bent it before and fixed it and it didn't snow for a month. I am also out of diesel for my tractor too. (everything else I own is gas) Hoping this will cause it to snow.

15. cumminswithplow

cumminswithplow Senior Member

Ive been out plowing twice since last saturday. Forcast has 2 more measurable snows in the 7 day forcast. Better not get excited or it will go away. Iowa- just looked at the radar and the entire state of iowa is gettin snow. Some may be light but i bet you better start diggin that thing out.

16. salt shaker

salt shaker Member

Priceless!

I love when someone starts a thread like this one, two days and many posts later, and you never hear from the original thread starter?

We are expecting to get 1-4, maybe 2-6 (gotta love weatherman), and we are ready. Salted "freezing drizzle (what the heck is that?), you gotta love the new words these weather people come up with, this morning just covering our behinds and pre-treating our accounts for this afternoons storm.

17. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

Did you get out last night Iowa?

18. salt shaker

salt shaker Member

Iowa?

He's probably to tired from trying to dig his plow out from behind the lawnmowers that he parked in front of it? Or he is busy trying to talk to all his customers that called asking where he was at? You think his answer to them was "I THOUGHT WINTER WAS OVER WITH" LOL Never underestimate the power of MOTHER NATURE :nono: :nono: She'll get ya every time!!!

19. JMR

JMR Senior Member

It was a record 65 degrees here last Friday. The good news is we have plowed twice here already this week. Not big snows, but couple of inchers none the less. Easy pushes and REAL good $$$$$. We only used 2 of our 4 trucks and no subs, 9 hours per truck for the full route. It stopped snowing by 10:30pm, so we were able to have everything cleared and breakfast in our bellys by 8am. payup payup

20. Iowa

Iowa Senior Member
    from Iowa

Yeah I went out....we had a fluffy two inches. It's all gone already though.