1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

You have to see this!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by JD PLOWER, Oct 23, 2002.

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

2. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

I really have seen it all now...
    Good link,
    Mark K
  3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

That is quite a view.Looks kinda like the old JCB ads.I'm just curious what would they have to get a machine up there for doesn't that hopper dump from the bottom?
  4. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Don't try that one at home kids.

5. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Look close. It looks like there are special attachments on the front bucket, so he can straddle the car, and not go in it. There are also special attachments on the outriggers. Another special attachment behind the front wheels too.
    Judging from the oversized backhoe bucket, he will unload with the hoe.

This is definitely not the first time this guy has done this.

Thanks for the link JD! :waving:

6. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Can you see him trying to explain to his insurance adjuster how his machine landed on the roof after the hydraulic system sprung a leak?

:eek: :eek:

I have heard of Flying Boxcars but never flying backhoes!!!

Wonder where he got his pilot's license for flying a 'hoe ?:confused:

Chuck very observant :D . That was brought up on dieselstop. It was also mentioned that people have seen this in the southwest (several times) :eek: on trains around the area.

I too have no idea why they are doing this and neither does anyone else :confused: .
  8. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

My guess is because a railcar full of salt is dirt cheap..... literally.

And Jeff, I was thinking the same thing. This guy has A LOT more faith in hydraulics than I do!

9. Tommy10plows

Tommy10plows Senior Member

Brainless Back hoe operator

If that is not the stupidest most dangerous use of equipment I have ever seen anyone do in all my years, I will eat a Myers plow along with the Monarch Hy-lo unit too.

That beats out setting a tire bead on a wheel with spray can of ether and a lit match for the dumbest things I have ever seen.

How many of you plowmen would approve of your employee doing this, or would you fire him for endangering his life and your equipment for this moronic act?
  10. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

My vote says it's fake

The whole thing looks phony to me. Last Cat TLB I was on would not lift the rear of the machine with the stick that far out, to say nothing about all the weight being transferred to the rear Also, he is not only a ballsy operator but a magician as well, cuz he's levitating that rig to keep it up there while he brings the bucket in for another bite. Look at the where the bucket is in relation to the white pickup. The railcar doesn't move relative to the dozer parked behind it but the hoe bucket is in a different postiion about three times during that sequence. I tend to think that somebody has WAY too much free time.
  11. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

It was on the internet... it must be true ! :rolleyes:

(See the thread in the off topic forum about "Make a Wish" if you don't believe it !)

-- All in fun :D
  12. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

That is NUTS!!!

As for the ether trick... it is accepted method of seating a bead out here in the west rock crawling our 4x4s. Yes it works, yes we have fire extinguisher handy. I usually try to put a strap around the tire and try a full pressure plast from my on board CO2 setup. But with the thick heavy tires we use, ether (starting fluid) is sometimes the only choice. Its risky, but so are alot of other things.

13. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

But it works! If you make yourself a 10' fire trail with the ether, you keep yourself out of harms way. It requires a clip on tire chuck.

15. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

They occationally do this in my town,and it is cool to see. When you have the machine set up like these the risk is not as great and the machine is not as tippy.
    When you work with equipment like that everyday you become less and less amazed by what they are capable of doing.They seem to be only limited by what you are comfortable doing. When tractor backhoes came out my grandfather had one and spent much of his life in a backhoe when few other had them. He used to tell of a guy who would dig basements with a tractor hoe, but would literally dig himself into the hole,to do plumbing and footings and so on. When he was done he would place his loader on the bank raise himself up push back with the hoe and be home in time for dinner.