1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

You have got to read this guys Ebay desription

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mylittlescoop, Feb 9, 2005.

1. mylittlescoop

mylittlescoop Senior Member
    from nj

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

thats crap look at it

3. Doc_77

Doc_77 Junior Member

lol i wouldn't buy that pice of s*** for $5 !

4. mylittlescoop

from nj

No doubt but he sure told them! LOL
    If you ever sold anything on Rbay it can be SO frustrating people are forever trying to waste you time I am a power seller and as much as that plow looked like it belongs in Sanford and Sons back alley I sure got a kick out of his pain HahahahaWe need to show him some real plows

5. alternative

alternative PlowSite.com Addict

GOT PAINT??? damn this plow looks like it was caught in a fire.
    betcha he;ll take 200.00

6. Letissnow

Letissnow Junior Member

Two word description

Here are two simple words to describe that guy:

JACK ASS!!! :gunsfiring:

7. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

he forgot to mention you'll need a tetnus shot when after you pick it up...

8. Bandit

Bandit Senior Member

I wonder if His Town is near any Chemical Plants ? ( Ex. Love Canal )
    Bob

9. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

That guy's been peddling that train wreck for a l-o-n-g time now.
    He may be a jacka$$ but you have to admire his perserverance.
    He knows that for every piece of junk there is someone who'll pay too much for it, and he's obviously willing to wait.
    The sad thing is that if he just cleaned it up and did a quick re-paint it'd make it look 10 times better and I bet then he'd sell it real fast as looks can be deceiving. You put whipped cream on sh!t and someone will buy it.
    If you can sell a nasty old grilled cheese sandwich for thousands of dollars because you can convince some idiot that it has Jesus' face on it, then all bets are off on Ebay.

10. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

That's some funny sh*t, the guy missed his calling. I agree with the toxic chemical plant nearby. Nice looking outfit.

11. Rappa

Rappa Member

It's value depends on the price of steel scrap at todays market price. After being in the snow removal business for many years, you would think he would have something a little bigger than a Ranger?

12. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

One man's junk is another man's treasure. :D

13. Ben

Ben Member

WOW, if he can get 500.00 for that how much could I get for my boss that was on my truck when it burned? If might have to E-Bay it payup

14. mylittlescoop

from nj

15. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

That looks like the plow I started my business with 25 years ago. it was in that condition and I had to dig it out of a snow bank. Paid $500 for it back in 1979 and mounted it on an 1976 F250. With a little cleanup it could still make money today.
    You guys that wouldn't buy that plow because it looks well used and rusty have it to easy or can afford something in a little better condition or scared of a little work.
    Thanks to hard work and that old plow I can now pay cash for any plow on the market including the truck it is mounted on.
    That plow could make someone your compitition. Because you know if they had the drive to fix it up they would also have the drive to become very good in business.
    Wish the man luck on selling his plow instead of bitching about what he is doing.

16. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Ya the plow I'm buyin looks like that, rusty, and chillen in the snow. But the guy has the cable operated pump and it works, and he said i can have it for 20 bucks soo i'lll paint er up and make it nice for next winter. Im 16, and have plenty of time not tons of money so it'll be a good project.

17. mylittlescoop

from nj

You go POWERMAN! You'll be a vetern post in no time kiddo! PATTS ON THE BACK FOR YOU! You have determination and that my friend is what is going to make that plow priceless when your done! Dont forget to show us pics when your done!

18. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

That still looks better than my first plow I bought in 1980 , for $ 400.00 . I agree with Dwan . I actually still have my first plow blade , I use it on a backhoe , and a friend has the mount on his truck. That cheap rusty blade I bought has probably made me over 100 grand over the years .

19. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Personally, I wouldn't pay $500 for it as it needs work (look at the rusty cylinder) but I see no reason a person couldn't buy it, wire brush and paint it, replace the cylinder and hoses and be out plowing for less than a grand. ASSUMING the powerpack works properly...

If I was him I would paint it and put it back up with a $500 reserve but start the bidding at around $100...

20. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Derek;

He may be the same as you and not want to do the work thus the reason he is selling it. A working used powerpack is almost worth what he is asking if is is working.
    it is a good buy for someone with more time on his hands then money. When you get done cleaning it up and painting it checking for cracks and do minor welding if needed you would know every inch of that plow. Same for rebuilding the powerpack which I would be willing to bet most of the plowers dont know how to fix there own units when they brake. Not that is wrong sometimes it is nice to say Idon't know what is wrong just fix it and I will pay. but that is hard to do at 2:AM.

Me I personaly would not take it if it were free because I do not have the time it would take to clean it up. Some say I now have more money then sence. But it is all thanks to a plow like that.