1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

You guys that want a Blizzard need to move here.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Dec 27, 2014.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

2. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

If i moved there they would not get any more snow.
  3. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare Senior Member

You can keep it. I am happy with my 2" at a time.
  4. 2ExploreSnow

2ExploreSnow Member

Mauna Kea - It's on top of a volcano at an observatory... Yes, in a heartbeat!

They have some heavy duty snow removal equipment there, or used to. Fair mnfg snowblowers are part of their arsenal, as I was told by a rep from Fair. Don't know how eager they are to remove snow. Can't blame them, if I was there I'd be hanging out at the beach myself ... :)
  5. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Been there - was pretty damn cool - used to train at Pahakaloa Training Area at the bottom while I was station in the Marines there a couple times a year for a month or two at a time...
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Snow in Hawaii

A blizzard warning is in effect until 6 p.m. local time Saturday for elevations above 11,000 feet. The summits of Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea are expected to have heavy snow squalls and very strong winds, with lightning strikes a possibility.

By definition, winds must be at least 35 mph or greater with falling or blowing snow that reduces visibility to 1/4 mile or less for at least 3 hours to reach blizzard criteria.

Snow may accumulate up to a foot and winds will be sustained at 50 to 70 mph, with gusts over 90 mph possible. Near whiteout conditions are possible with visibilities near zero.
  7. FourDiamond

FourDiamond Senior Member

I'm with you.