1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

you guys in IA gettin' snow this week?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by xtreem3d, Oct 9, 2009.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

our local guys are saying you will...

2. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

They cancelled our race this weekend due to possible weather...which with the payout they advertised i think they were more scared of not having the cars to make the payout...but yes, supposedly we're going to get snow, temps are going to be cold, ground is still very warm yet so nothing will stick, so nobodies raising any eyebrows in anticipation.

3. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

ITS SNOWING NOW IN IOWA CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This should get all those late bids in.

J.

4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

snow

hey just looked out the window 10:40 am sat it's dumping on us i think we got about three flake's a minute in davenport !!!!!! :D

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

No snow in northern Iowa....yet

6. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

snow

well we got to 4 flakes and it quit !:drinkup:

7. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

Got word from a freind in southwest IA and they got 4" and now....it's all gone.

8. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

is this the earliest you guys have seen any snow?

9. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

September 16th, 1881 is when IA had it's earliest snowfall of 4-6" in western IA LOL!!!

Since i've been pushing snow november has been the earliest billable i've ever had for salt application...i remember trick or treating as a kid with snow dust, but in the recent history, november seems to be the month things turn real.