1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

You guys are haunting me

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NoStockBikes!!, Mar 8, 2003.

1. NoStockBikes!!

NoStockBikes!! Senior Member

We got some snow last night and this morning, enough to make some decent little plow berms in front of the driveways. Well, on my way home, I decide to be a good guy and swing by a friend's house and see if the plow berm was still up. It was, so I took a swipe at it so they'd have an easier time doing the snowblowing. Well, right after I took a swipe at it and was getting ready to drive away, a plow truck comes by, and they're looking. My guess is they were out trying to make some money hitting berms for people out shoveling. Well, suddenly I became all self-conscious, and didn't want to leave the driveway looking like total ass, cuz the plowguy down the street would be going "WTF?" and prolly try to hit my friend up for new business, cuz the 'current plow guy" sucks. So, I let myself get peer-pressured into doing a really nice job on his entire driveway, jsut in case the guy was still in teh neighborhood and drove by again. :rolleyes: I didn't want him to think I was a total hack.

See, if it wasn't for all you guys and your darn professionalism, I would have been content to leave the driveway looking butchered. :D

2. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

LOL!! That's a good one. We're watching you 24\7!

My neighbors & friends who are lucky enough to get their plow berms removed know they were blessed that event. And they all know that I welcome any other plowers to come in & plow those drives if those people want to hire someone. So the ones who I know are able bodied, have kids old enough & able bodied, or have a snow blower; I leave 'em hacked & happy & move along to eat, sleep or work the next site LOL.

3. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

Dang! Where's Casey to set the example when you really need him?

4. NoStockBikes!!

NoStockBikes!! Senior Member

:D Zactly!

5. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Casey

I was talking to my friend that plows hes not the brigtest kid in the world hits alot of stuff and breaks the trucks all the time. He was telling me how he and his shoveler were sippin JD before leaving to plow the blizzard and that the shoveler brought some JD wiht him to keep him warm in the truck. Imediatley thought of our old friend casey and his antics. This sorta thing can't be going on in this day and age.
    Just venting,
    Eric

6. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

LOL, I personally would have given two $***$ about what that guy thought:D

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2003
  7. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Yea, I saw a plow truck pull up next to me at a strip mall. I went to the bank there & saw the passenger head to the liquor store for a 6 pack. Looked kinda like maybe they'd already had some. Made me think of that thread again too.