1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

You gotta luv it when.....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Fisher II, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Fisher II

Fisher II Senior Member

Customer calls you 1 week after getting invoiced for $70(2 visits during 15 inches)and says .....Are you going to charge me $70 everytime you plow my drive?! No sir its $35 bucks but it was a double charge due to over 1 ft of snow(was the same last yr price wise). He tells me its not worth it and thanked me(which I thought was nice of him). Heres the kicker......we are suppose to get 12-18 inches Sunday! Explaining the Ins. required, the fuel,the 24/7 hours we go thru, sub zero temps, wear and tear, labor cost, taxes....how much is really left? lol.....Is it worth it?! well youll find out Sunday.......
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

This seems like a reoccurring thing with per plows, don't you guys have a section in your paperwork that you might have to plow more then once and how much it will cost each time?
  3. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

It takes years to find the good customers. ...
  4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

We got a good 16in on Thursday. I got a call from a guy that went on to explain in detail what he needed done. Then after 10 minutes of that, he asks the big question. How much will it cost? He said he called a bunch of companies and didn't get a call back. I think I know why. LOL I mean really, they are going to price shop on the day of a major snow event? He asked me if I knew a guy named Jay. He was the guy that did it last year. I told him I did. He said great can I get his number? I told him I doubt it's the same guy, the one I know lives in NY. LOL
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014