1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

You gotta love honesty

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kl0an, Aug 5, 2004.

1. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

Can you say junk i would give him 200 cause thats what it is worth
  3. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

....says the guy who's "OLD" truck is a '93!! :p

I'd give him a grand for it if I needed another truck. Its ugly but not unsaveable, I'm not one to be afraid of a little work!
  4. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

My gawd!! Someone put a $1700 bid on it!! So much for the honesty.. You gotta wonder who put that bid on it when the starting bid was like $100 I thought..
  5. Remsen1

Remsen1 Senior Member

who ever buys it certainly knows what their getting into.
  6. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I read the whole add. Talk about funny. It was almost as good as the guy selling his ex-wifes wedding dress.
  7. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Yeah that was a good one too.... seems to me he sold it for huge money too... which makes one wonder 1)Did they actually pay for it? 2)WHY did they pay so much for it?? :p
  8. 66Construction

66Construction Senior Member

That was funny. Worst part is I have a few of those trucks....great stuff in the rocker, inspection station signs welded to whats left of the floor, the bodys might rot away but the truck will go forever, replacement pannels are cheap though. All that truck needs is some carbureator attention, brake lines as they all do and a driver that doesnt care what it looks like as long as it works. Probably has a 10 bolt front, 14 bolt full float rear t-400 tranny, 350
    they're a dime a dozen parts and they're tough.

If only everyone was a honest as that guy!!!
  9. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

That truck has been listed on e-bay several times this year !
    Ya mean somebody actually bought it?..............geo
  10. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

If you read the feedback of the seller you will see that the buyer left him some good feedback. He said the truck was in much better shape than the seller described. Guess he must be happy with it. To me it doesn't seem that overpriced for a working truck with a plow on it. I could sell that plow for $800 today and I would think a guy could part the truck out for $1000 but then most stuff seems to be more expensive up here.
  11. rainair

rainair Senior Member

used plow/truck buying

hey folks when I buy a used plow truck, I have the seller 1 write the price of the plow for just about the whole price then the balance for the truck... that way I stay away from state taxes here
  12. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

:eek: I bet it would beat the hell out of a shovel, till it broke down on you 15 miles from home in about -25 degree windchill weather. At least he was honest! Wonder if the dog misses the truck??
    BOAST :waving:
  13. Joelinnh

Joelinnh Junior Member

too funny

what a great ad on e-bay