1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

You east coast guys suck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Big Nate's Plowing, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

all that snow went around us because of a high pressure system coming down from canada, have fun, good luck and drive safe:drinkup:
    that is all,

~Nate~

2. Crazygator

Crazygator Member
    from TN

You guys have fun with all your snow. Heck we are drowning with all the rain the last 3 days here. Cant get out of the boats just yet.

Row....Row.....Row....your boat! ;)

3. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 Banned

Ya this is only 1/4 of what we are suposed to get i wil post more latter

house.jpg

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i just stopped at home to grab the camera. they are saying 2 feet plus now! this is absolutely nuts. no way can i keep up with this. be safe everyone. already witnessed a rollover and 3 accidents.

5. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 Banned

im back in for a rest we have about 10" so far and someing like 2-3 IPH so its going to be along day. Talks of 2 feet, its bad out the driveway behind my house has a dodge 3500 stuck in it 3 foot drifts:confused:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2003
  6. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

They updated us last night and said between 6-10, the storm was supposed to miss us, but looks like we are going to get the tyop edge of it. You New York guys looked buried, I saw the Today show this morning and they said you already had close to 2 feet. Good luck & be safe!!!!

7. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

I have 4 inces on my deck right now and we haven't even got into the real heavy snow yet. This evening and tonight we are going to get clobbered. 12- 20 inches before 10am tomorrow when this thing pulls out. I think the the 12 inches will be measured by sometime this evening.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2003
  8. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

Good luck with all the snow out there guys, I'm jealous! :drinkup:

9. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

LOL, NOW you know how WE feel....
    I can leave in the morning & be anywhere soon.

10. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

well now I don't feel so left out, we are getting a phantom snow storm, got woke up 10 minnutes ago by andy calling, dude we got snow.... sick joke I said.... he said nate I am not bsin ya.... so we got about 1.5" so far and I am gonna leave the plow off til we get the full 3" [​IMG]

~Nate~

11. Brickman

Brickman Senior Member

No complaining about too much snow. It is way too dry around here, you can load it in dump trucks and bring it to the west part of the country.

12. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 Banned

we have almost 12" Now Its light and fluffy

road.jpg

13. Grazzmazter1

Grazzmazter1 Junior Member
    from .

Not a flake is falling here. Hopefully we will get some soon!

14. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Nice pic sbvfd592 I sort of envy you. Here in the west we're already pruning. Boy would it be fun to just plop in that snow and make big (well in my case it would be big) snow angel. Have fun plowing.

15. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Grazzmazter1, where is that? (you could put in your profile).

16. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Its nuts here the guy on the radio said 6" as of noon here in Meriden its more like 12" plus. I gotta go pickup another truck in about an hour. This is great definitely what us New Englanders live for and dream of. GOOD LUCK AND BE SAFE to all you other New England plowers.

Jay

17. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Well boy's, we've got about seven inches now and I am heading out. It is blowing hard and snowing about 2 inches an hour now. I guess I will talk to you guy's tomorrow night if I am lucky.

As snowplowjay said "good luck and be safe"

18. dillyolboy

dillyolboy Member

I'd have to agree with Nate on this one. Michigan snowplowers will not continue to tolerate you east coasters stealing our snow!!! :nono: We just did have our own mini blizzard tuesday night so I guess I shouldn't complain. Yeah that high pressure system screwed us over. I was hoping that storm would track further north than expected like it did on Christmas day. North Carolina probably has more snow than we do!! :mad:

19. Kevin@Siteworks

Kevin@Siteworks Junior Member
    from Ohio

just finished another 12 hours in the saddle..18" here on top of the 5" that was on the ground....have fun fellas!!

20. jakegypsum

jakegypsum Senior Member

Got approx 21" here is southern NJ. It's nuts! We are not supposed to get that much! They are saying that we will get a little more tomorrow. Approx 2". I' ve been out in it for three day's now and still have accts to plow Tuesday. We broke a lift chain and had a flat on one of the big trucks but nothing major, knock on wood. Gotta get it while it's here. Jake.