1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

You commercial plow guys piss me off.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GSSFC, Nov 25, 2011.

1. GSSFC

GSSFC Junior Member

Looking at all the posts with guys getting new stuff, you get to have all the fancy new equipment (toys) to work (play) with. Nothing like getting paid to do that!

Have a great season, and enjoy your new toys.

2. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

try commercial instead of grandmas driveway, or run tighter driveway routes and you can have big boy toys.
  3. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

You can join us commercial guys ... just don't lowball
  4. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Your truck gives you entry ... It's 3/4 ton
  5. GSSFC

GSSFC Junior Member

No worry of that, I'm not even in the business. Just come here to read and research. Just a pathetic homeowner with some worn out junk to clear snow.

6. trustyrusty

trustyrusty Senior Member

It might look like fun (work) playing with our toys (equipment) but there have been many, many times when after 16 to 24 hours in the seat during a storm I would give anything to be what you call a pathetic homeowner. It would be fun (warm) looking at my toy (fireplace).
  7. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Glad i read that before i just went to the end and posted!
  8. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

You can have all the payments too and when it's not snowing you can have all the worries,lol :D
  9. GSSFC

GSSFC Junior Member

I am a small business owner too, I get all those joys and then some!

10. GSSFC

GSSFC Junior Member

I haven't been on in about a month, and the first 10 posts that popped up were, It's early Xmas, look what I just got, brand new yadda yadda. I was so jealous looking at all the fine new equipment you guys were getting gearing up for this coming winter season.

11. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Then stay in the homeowner section nd leave us alone...Oh BTW I just picked up my 2011 GMC 1 ton dump with a NEW Hiniker VF plow....Have a nice day
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  12. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

you sir can keep that hiniker
  13. Silverstreak

Silverstreak Senior Member

..awl man i rolled up my sleeves for nothin!
  14. downtoearthnh

downtoearthnh Senior Member

A toy would be a Denali HD with a plow on it. The working trucks and equipment are the necessities of operating a viable business. Isn't that the American dream still?
  15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

It always looks like fun from the outside looking in.

After a couple of hours in the seat it's just a job. So be it a little easier in a nice truck but I couldn't see running a business if my equipment was running on a thread.
  16. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

You damn pathetic homeowners with your worn out junk piss me off, coming on here with your not having to shovel it all by hand.

Last January, about 1/4 done shoveling the second storm 12+ inch storm in two weeks:
    (Notice the depth compared to the shovel. Undisturbed areas with no overhead coverage measured 18 inches in both storms.)

What I did after that:
    • 6 foot wide front walk (hidden behind piles in this photo)
    • Moved the road windrow back a couple feet so mail could get delivered
    • Second lane in my driveway
    • Enough depth in my level backyard to be able drive back there to park so our vehicles won't slide down the driveway when parked, and to be able to walk to the vehicles/shed/camper/etc

I think I spent more hours shoveling than I spent at my desk at work in those two weeks.

I think this year my financial situation has recovered enough to pay someone to plow 12+ inch storms, but he'll be a lowballer with no insurance who doesn't care about his equipment.

Maybe next year I'll have the budget to get myself some worn out junk.

There, feel any better about your worn out junk now? :D
  17. Weenuk

Weenuk Senior Member

Toys are only toys if you enjoy using them. Agree with an earlier post regarding the long seat time and payments....
  18. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm sure those of us that have plowed longer than 30 hours would agree that the steering wheel makes a good pillow :)
  19. Weenuk

Weenuk Senior Member

For us Canadians, Tim Hortons have good decently clean washrooms that are almost everywhere for those extra long plows
  20. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

It's not all its cracked up to be. Pays the bills though.