1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

You can thank me for the snow in buffalo NY

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Feb 12, 2007.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Please send all checks to me. My truck is sitting at the dealership waiting for a tranny. It won't be done until Wed. I should have my stuff covered. I hope.:cry: :realmad:
  2. fatboy

fatboy Senior Member

Hey grand, that SUCKS ford you...OOPPPS did I say FORD you....:D

X-LOWBALLER Senior Member
    from Toronto

Shuda boughtcha self a chevy.

Should've bought a Chevy. I think fords rock and look a hella lot more meaner and beefier but the commercials state they are the most dependable trucks on the road and I own 3 of em so Ill say fords suck too.
  4. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

That sucks, with the storm that were suppose to get. That's my worst fear, I dont know anyone to help me out or cover for me if anything happens to my truck or me!!
  5. fatboy

fatboy Senior Member

Hey grand, how many miles on that old girl now (the truck) what is the problem with the trans?? other then it doesnt work :rolleyes:
  6. mole

mole Senior Member

wow grandview we have the same truck and last week I just replaced the tranny cooler lines, they were cracked and leaking just after the radiator. Wouldnt have noticed if that I didn't blow a hose on my plow last week and saw them when I was looking at the plow damage.
  7. grandview

I bought the truck new 2002 f250 total miles after 5 yrs 37,450. Something broke inside no clue I could of taken the chance but it was acting up .Dealer said it would be cheaper for a reman. They are going to see about Ford help, they may pick up half. Doesn't matter the tranny is in Pittsburgh so we'll see.
  8. fatboy

fatboy Senior Member

WOW ! guess I'm doing good then my '93 Chevy just rolled 275,000 kms on Friday and still has the origonal trans, mind you it only got a plow last year. ;)
  9. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Well I guess you will be shoveling your way to Margaritaville this week.:D

10. fatboy

fatboy Senior Member

Grand I think I just figured out what happened to your trans..must have been all that stacking with the V plow..wesport
  11. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

You only have 37k-ish miles on your truck after 5 years???? Holy smokes!!!

I put 30k on each year.

Plus, your tranny went after only 37k miles??? I'd be working the higher ups in the Ford service department over that one.

Shoot, even if you never serviced the tranny in those 5 years and left it sit, it shouldn't have dumped.
  12. grandview

Update. Ford will cover half but it will still cost 2,100.00 and it still won't be ready until Wed. Good news though I can stop eating all the aspirin and Rolaides another plow guy is letting me use his other truck and I will cover some of his drives. So when this is done he'll be getting some of this from me payup
  13. fatboy

fatboy Senior Member

GEE! I hope you don't have to buy him a new trans too !:mad:
  14. grandview

15. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Don't jinx him dam....
  16. fatboy

fatboy Senior Member

Hopefully the truck you borrow isnt a Ford TOO!!!! oops! did I say that out loud. :p
  17. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

this time get DODGE!! yeah my is a power wagon.. still runs from time I repaired it it was back in 1995?
  18. CAG80

CAG80 Member
    from ct

5 years!! my 05 f350 drw trannny didnt make it 5 months with maybe 3k miles on it!!! and she was leaking tranny fluid today a matter of fact!!! not a biggie just had to tighten some fitting. when i spent 45k on the truck i thought it would be a while before i had get under the truck or drop it off at the shop for a 2 week repair!!! thank god i never sold any of my old trucks i have more faith in them than the new ones..
  19. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Man that sucks!!! Wish I was closer. I would be happy to give you a hand. I hope it works out for ya!!
  20. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

need help

give me a ring if you need a hand. i have all my own equipment and i have 2 guys that work for me as well so if your in a pinch let me know. 716-444-6613 would be glad to help out someone from this site, where i have learned so much from. even if he owns a ford. :)