1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

You biggest fear?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Sno4U, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

A snowplower's biggest fear.
    I would say my biggest fear is flat tire during plowing ops. Always when you need to be gettin' stuff done now! and in the worst conditions.
    Whats your worst fear?

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

That some important part of the truck or plow breaks at night while plowing and while i can't get a replacement for it right away. Since this is my only truck.

3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

no real fears plowing snow, always have extra equiptment sitting around ready, my biggest fear is falling off a roof and being disabled and loosing everything i have worked hard for. if you break something plowing it can always be fixed or replaced.

4. rvincent

rvincent Junior Member

my biggest fears are braking down (i only have 1 truck) and backing into a garage door.

ryan

5. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

My Biggest fear would be hitting some kid or any person for that matter,pet are near the top of my list as well.

Damage a truck, break a plow , oh well those can be fixed or repaired, but a person or pet that's a whole other story.

Jay

6. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

my biggest fear is falling asleep at the wheel it is long hours with no sleep

7. Northland

Northland Senior Member

My biggest fear is that a Democrat will make it into to the Whitehouse and we will all be speaking a foreign language in 10 years....

8. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

lol that is a close 2nd for me

9. SneekyTT

SneekyTT Junior Member

I'll second that...

10. Strictly Snow

Strictly Snow Senior Member
    from Oxford

no habla engles

11. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Snakes. Lots of snakes.

Or pitching my truck off the side of my driveway and getting it wedged in between a few trees. Its my daily driver and I find its very easy to get cocky with a full size truck and an 8' plow.

12. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Same here. Sure, I worry about the breakdowns (single truck) but in the scheme of things anything wrong with the truck is insignificant.

~Kevin

13. Silentroo

Silentroo Senior Member

We run subs so my list might be a little different

1. Sidewalks crew calling in and then leaving property.
    2. Plow guy calling in on property then going to do his own stuff.
    3. Storm Stalling just after we are 1/2 done and dropping another 1/2 an inch on the VERY clean lot.

14. Ronslawncare07

Ronslawncare07 Junior Member

Did this last year in a customers drive way it took 8 good friends and a lot of pullin and tuggin and about 4 and a half hours in the freezin cold cause of the dam ice i hate residental

15. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

Biggest fear is lawsuit.
    2nd is more republicans.
    3rd is more democrats.

How about someone that actually thinks about each issue and has his own ideas instead of the stupid party line crapola. I like some republican and some democrat ideas. Hate welfare, love the environment. Like small govt, but want to help people that can't help themselves.

16. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

Biggest fear.......:eek: midgets!

17. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I'm going to third that.

My biggest plowing fear? Not getting snow, althought down here in NC your fears will likely be reality. When I lived in Mass and plowed, my biggest fear was my one truck breaking down and it did happen once right after I was done with my driveways.

18. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

ALL THE ABOVE
    . Plus the economy getting any WORSE.
    Running out of beer on the weekend:drinkup:
    NO SNOW:angry:

19. LHK2

LHK2 Senior Member

Remember, a breakdown can always be fixed, a little frustration yes, but fixable. My biggest fear would be getting in an accident and not be able to provide for my family and losing everything I have worked twenty years for. i.e (house, college savings, trucks and equipment) That will make you not sleep at night!:dizzy:

20. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

Not to be a downer here, but my biggest fear has always been a kid I don't see playing on the pile....:eek: :eek: