1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Yippee - SNOW in Colorado!!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plow Babe, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Plow Babe

Plow Babe Senior Member

Six to eight inches yesterday and another six today, and more in the forecast for the rest of the week. We are not getting two feet in one day, but we will take what we can get! After five years of use, we had our first problem with the Boss plow - had to replace a solenoid. Other than that, things went really smoothly both days, with the exception of one PITA customer which I will go into on another thread. Heard there was a good foot up in Leadville, too - how's that Blizzard plow working Howard? Weather service today said that artic air is moving down from the north and a moist flow is coming from the west, and if they meet in just the right spot, we could get dumped on, so here's hoping!

2. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

I was done with my route early today, got lunch took a nap for about an hour and then the phone started ringing. I should just learn to say no... got stuck twice in driveways that had not been plowed most of the season..

Blizzard is holding up well. Wing decals completely gone, wings and hydraulics are holding up fine. I can see myself upgrading to the thicker wing edges soon.

Supposed to snow all week. I was hoping for some time to modify and tidy up the blizzard. I want to double bolt the light tower and I need to get to the hardware store for some better wing nuts for the pump cover. I also want to secure the wiring harness a little differently, I currently have it running through the side piece on my grill, I want to fab a mount to the bumper.

It was a little hairy doing the install with the impending snow. The plow is of great constuction, but the instructions were written by the engineers... took a few readings to figure it out.

3. long0

long0 Senior Member

We only got about 4" over the weekend. I was in Creste Butte snowmobiling on Saturday and Sunday. They have some serious snow over there. Saturday night, 18" fell in town, then above town near Erwin Lake Lodge, there was at least 36" of fresh powder. Snowmobiling was epic. Face shots all day on Sunday.

Glad everything worked out for you with the Blizzard Howard.