1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Yet another victim to a loss of accounts

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rb8484, Nov 10, 2009.

1. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Had not heard back from 2 of my accounts. They are side by side parking lots. REALLY small lots. I have gotten $50 from each for the last 4 years and I was underbid by $5!!!!!! What the heck! Its only a $100 per push, but still! It just burns me. Only $5......really??? I guess people are out to save a doller or two. I have plowed them for 8 years or so. Ohh well, have to find me another account/

2. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

thats low!! how do u know it was by 5 bux? i dont wanna work for people that'll throw me off just to save 50bux for the year. eff em your better of without em!

3. big acres

big acres Senior Member

gotta be more to it than $5?

4. jbis1782

jbis1782 Member

Thats crappy, all for 5 bucks. At least they could have told you and let you match the price. So much for loyalty anymore

5. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

If I lost a account over $5 I would look into what I did wrong the year before.

6. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

They should have been happy with our service. We had not one complaint from them since we plowed them. The store manager wanted us to plow for them, but she said it was the corporate office that makes the decisions. Ohh well!! I guess that is the way the dice roll. I thought about telling them that I would match that price, but I will just find another account that I can make my money back on, maybe more.

7. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Its a pharmacy and we do buisness with them, so we asked her if she has heard anything on the plow contracts, so she asked the higher ups and the next time we were in there she said that they said someone came in cheaper than us and they were awarded with the contract.

8. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

that is really sucky, i would write a letter to their head office and say your piece, i think what they have done is really pathetic

9. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Yeah, its really crappy, I kinda hope it turns around and bites them in the a**.

10. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

Tell them that the $5 just cost them your business. Tell them that the pharmacy up the road is 25 cents cheaper on everything.

11. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Ha, belive me, I have thought of that!! I am just very happy with them all in there and its not really their fault. The manager felt really bad. She was going to let them know that I may take my buisness elsewhere. I will give it time, who knows, they may be calling me back part way through the season! (then they will get charged more!!)

12. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

and the good part is if something goes wrong, the managers at the store level are going to let head management hear about it, i think these managers are on your side, we almost lost our biggest contract this year, (and still may) it is a manufacturing facility, and last year their snow costs were 10 times more then in previous years, never mind that they had 10 times more snow (hadn't had that much snow since 1978) and we didn't get the chinooks we normally get either. anyways to make a long story short, every department head in the plant made a point of filling a objection (or so i was told), mainly because we have done better doing their snow then any other company anyone could remember, but i was told yesterday it is likely we have this contract for another multi year term, so i hope that those department heads helped