1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Yet another question for Fisher tech support.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Buswell Forest, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Yesterday, I took the "new truck" to the store just because...

The frost was just starting to melt on the windshield, and I started out...and when I raised the XV², the dash readout, radio, and heater all shut off for 3 to 4 seconds! It did this every time I raised the plow until the truck was fully warmed up! Using the wings didn't cause them to turn off.
    I am concerned, because even fully warmed up, using the raise function will draw the engine rpm down to under 500 at idle.

Anyone have any insight here?

2. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I have the extra heavy duty alternator.

3. I would start out by checking the large battery cable connections, both power and ground on the truck and then the plow....

4. Did you ever resolve this issue? The exact same thing happens on my '15 2500 HD with my XV.

5. John Murphy

John Murphy Senior Member

We are working with both Ford and GM on these issues. It seems to be as a result of the high output alternators on these new trucks generating an over abundance of current and the system trying to find a way to dump it somewhere.

6. John,

Thanks for the reply. At least now I know it's a known issue and hopefully there is a resolution coming. I assume others have complained about this?

7. John Murphy

John Murphy Senior Member

Yes, they have. It's one of those things that the first couple of times you hear it, it doesn't really "take". Then after a while a pattern starts to develop and you take it more seriously. It's across all plow brands, nothing that's unique to our products. The one thing we have learned however, is if you put a poly hopper in the back of the truck, it utlizes some of that "spare" juice, and the issue goes away. So there's one, quick, short term resolution - LOL!

8. ...and that would need to be a Fisher poly sander......:laughing: