1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Yet another NSP?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mark Oomkes, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Republic Service Group?

Oot of San Diego?

Office Depots.........3 of the 4 are in multi-tenant buildings.........pretty sure they don't know what they're talking aboot.

Anyone hear\here\hier of them?

Check, 4 of 4. They are not standalone stores.

More nosy than anything else, as I highly doubt I'll do more than call or email them back and ask a bunch of questions just to waste their time.

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I went to download affiliate form and it's not on there lll

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

It snows in San Diego?

4. Mark Oomkes

Beats me, but apparently they know what they're talking aboot.

Oops, what was I thinking. They don't even know that these buildings are rented.

5. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Yep, they called my office today asking for a bid (over the phone) for landscape care for of few office depot stores. I told the guy $20 a month and he said surely you're kidding. I said surely you're kidding with your question too and hung up.

6. Mark Oomkes

I'm kinda bored, so I sent the following email to him\her:

His\her response:

Me:

If it was snowing or doing anything, I wouldn't bother. But what's a few minutes of time and some monitor ink. lol

Ho yeah, they also have contracts for Kmart (didn't know they were still around), Sears and Pizza Huts.

7. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

We still have Kmart here in Pennsytucky. Even have a Super Kmart. :help:

8. snowbrothers101

snowbrothers101 Senior Member

Isn't Republic Service Group the massive waste management company? Competitors of Oakleaf and Waste Management? They had revenue of $78 billion last year.

9. Mark Oomkes

I don't see waste management on their website, but who knows.

He\she never replied to my last email. Big surprise.

10. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

11. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Mark,

Is that you typing? Your usually spot on with the english and not exactly pc. ( aboot -> about. hear\here\hier -> hear, his/her/it ) Blink once for help.

Just asking them for a bidders package. If they do not have this or know what it is then they can not be representing these stores in any meaningful way. But having fun with the national guys is right up there with hammering on a blind call trying to sell you medical pills from Canada :nod:

12. Mark Oomkes

I have turned over a new leaf after some counseling from MJD. I am being polite now. (geez, that was hard to type)

Malik never got back to me. Thumbs Up

13. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

:D ( Don't become PC, too much of that on TV )

14. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Showing signs of being PC means that one is giving up on getting the Republican presidential nomination.

He's going rouge, aka Hillary supporter.

15. ThatGuySnowPlow

ThatGuySnowPlow Member

Oakleaf has a lot of apartment buildings here and partnered with klinger construction!

16. Mark Oomkes

He\she was from Kalifornia............I was probably too offensive for the PC morons in that state.

17. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

I know at least for Ohio, Tegrete has Kmarts. We got the shaft on the one we've had for 3 seasons with only one complaint total for 3 seasons.

I wouldn't piss on Tegrete's HQ if they were on fire.