1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Yet another insurance question...business start up!

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Pro-Plowing, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Pro-Plowing

Pro-Plowing Junior Member
    from NJ

Hi Everyone.
    I am going into business this year for plowing. I have been trying to find insurance for plowing for a good month now and am really finding it difficult to get a clear answer from any agent as to what I need.

Can someone tell me what type of insurance will be best? And will cover me best?
    This is my first year on my own, so I want to make sure I have the coverage I need for myself.(I have been subbed out previous years for another company, but decided this year its time to go out on my own...)

Any help and advice would be appreciated.
  2. LB1234

LB1234 Member

commerical auto policy AND make sure you specifiy vehicle to be used for plowing/salting. General liability policy AND make sure you specify job description as they may make you take out a 'rider' for slip and fall coverage. Workmens comp insurance to cover any employee (including you, if need/want) injuries. good luck