1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Yet another bust!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Well so far or local weather guys are 0 for 3 in the weather guessing dept. Supposed to get 4-8 inches plus some freezing rain, we ended up with about 1 inch of snow, and rain/sleet mix all day. Maybe Saturday.

2. karol

karol Senior Member

bust

I think you should move up here to Newmarket or Barrie Ontario. I've plowed all out 8 times already this year 12-14 hrs a run. Salted about 10 times so far. Good luck with the snow. Hope you get lots.

3. Zippy

Zippy Junior Member

7" here in the Catskills today xysport

4. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Called for 2 inches here today. Got 1/8 inch dusting at best.

5. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

They called for 2" of snow/sleet mix followed by freezing rain. We went out to start salting when the lots froze over from the rain last night. 25 minutes later I was onsite loaded with salt and the temp raised again and it started raining like crazy and all the ice melted instantly. Oh well, I went back home and hit the sack.

6. grapeford

grapeford Junior Member

Got pounded for 12-14" in a 12 hour span. Mostly light until the second time around. Gearing up for a Nor'easter this weekend. Too bad, I really wanted to watch the Pats tool on the Jets on Sunday.

7. TwistedMetal

TwistedMetal Member

Forcast for my area was 5" to 10"...we got 5" wet heavy stuff. mixed with ice