1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Yet another angling problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by lehmand1, Dec 17, 2007.

1. lehmand1

lehmand1 Member

New here. I really like the site. There is a ton of great info on here. Before you lecture me I have already tried the search function with no help.

My plow (E-60 ST 7.5) wants to stick to the left every once in a while, like once or twice every couple of hours. So far the following is what I have done to try to fix the problem.

Replaced c-valve
    C-valve has magnetism
    Replaced hoses and couplers
    Complete rebuild of pump unit
    No mechanical binding of a-frame

When the plow does stick to the left I have tried bumping the right side of the plow into a curb or tree and the plow will not come around at all. If I keep tapping the right button repetidly after about 10 or 12 times it finally goes to the right. The few times I could not get it to go at all I unhooked the hoses and the one the the right angle cylinder has soo much built up pressure that I have to crack the fitting loose at the cylinder to bleed the pressure off just to be able to hook the two hoses together and push the plow around.

So my question to you guys is, is it posible that the crossover relief valve is possible sticking every once in a blue moon. And if so, has anyone else ever had this be the cause of the plow sticking to the left with all the other things that can possibly be the cause???

Thanks for the help
  2. javaman70

javaman70 Junior Member

3. lehmand1

lehmand1 Member

replaced the filters with the rebuild kit.

That diagram is the same manual I printed off when I did the rebuild.(very good information)

The reason I am asking about the crossover valve is b/c i think the crossover valve has to open to allow fluid to flow back out of the right cylinder and when the plow sticks, the build up of pressure in the hoses makes me think it is sticking shut every once in a while.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Sounds like your hose coupler is the problem. If the check springs are not strong and equal they can lock up causing the hose to stay pressurized
  5. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

When it does that uncouple the couplers from the pump and hook the hoses together. Lift the blade and see if the blade will angle. If it doesnt then you know its in the blade and not the pump. Post results please...Rob
  6. lehmand1

lehmand1 Member

When it does stick, I have trouble getting the coupler off of the right angle cylinder as there is so much pressure built up in the line. I have to use a screwdriver and tap the collar on the coupler to get it to "pop" off. Then it is nearly impossible to hook them back together with all the pressure in the line so I have to crack open the fitting at the cylinder to vent the pressure out of the line and cylinder. Then after all that I can hook the hoses together and yes the blade moves freely in both directions. And the quick couplers are both new also so the problem has to be with the pump.

In my previous post I believe I mentioned the crossover valve when I ment to say pilot valve as the valve that opens to release the pressure out of the right angle cylinder so it will collapse but I may be wrong
  7. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

I know you said you replaced the couplers but when you cant get them apart this almost always meen a bad coupler. Go and buy the newer style couplers and change them both. Dont cheep out and buy the crap ones or you'll be back doing this all over again. Trapped air in the cyl's will work its way out of them by simply cycling the plow back and fourth. I dont think theres anything wrong with your pump at all.......Rob
  8. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

all the cross over relivf valve is there for is if you hit something to relive the pressure to keep from blowing something apart .i would suspect couplers also .