1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Yet another angle/bleeding problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by sachilles, Dec 10, 2007.

1. sachilles

sachilles Junior Member

New to me setup. Had a buddy install the lift frame and wire up the pump and controls.
    Have new lines made and install them on the angle cylinders.
    The first night in only angled to the right. It lifted/lowered fine. It was snowing so I just dealt with it and plowed.
    Next night I try to find out what is wrong and seemed like the off angle cylinder, the quick release coupling wasn't flowing anything. Buy a new coupling, install it. It angled left, but now it won't go right.
    I'm going to guess there is air in there, based on the million similar post here. So to bleed the system( I did search in the meyer forum), according to the meyer manual.(e-47 by the way). Its says loosen the fittings near the angle cylinders...seems backwards to me. I think you'd want to loosen the fittings near the pump end to let the air escape. What do I know, I'm just a desk jockey accountant.:dizzy:
    Just want to confirm that I crack open the fittings close to the cylinders, then have the motor try to angle both directions until fluid comes steadily out, then tighten....and all should be good.

Second question....should I be using teflon tape on the threaded fittings for a better seal, or is that a no-no?

2. sachilles

sachilles Junior Member

Forgot to mention....in the interim between getting the new coupling....I pulled fittings apart, mixing and matching them...just to make it even more difficult to decipher the real problem.

3. sachilles

sachilles Junior Member

Tried bleeding again tonight. No real success, until I change one of the quick release couplers. Now it angles as well as I could hope.
    The new problem that has shown up is that the plow will not stay raised. Over the course of two minutes, it will just about drop to the ground.
    If the plow in angled, it won't hold its angle if it meets a decent amount of resistance.
    Another thread suggested that its the valve under the coil, that might be the culprit.
    Anyone care to explain that in a more remedial way for plow newbie?