1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Yesterdays 2/14 Storm Central Jersey

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GBRONNE, Feb 15, 2007.

GBRONNE Junior Member

Question For You Guys, I'm New To Plow Site, But Not New To Plowing, The Snow Here In Edison N.j. Was Very Dry Due To 25 Degree Temps All Day, Theres Only An Inch Or Two In The Grass, According To The Paper We Had .85 Inches Of Precip, Converted To Snow Is 12 Inches And Change As Per Noaa's Web Site, Would Anybody Try To Charge Their Customer 4900.00 For What Looks Like An Inch, Although The Job Took 2 Trucks 8 Hours, Which Would Be 16 Hours Total, Job Is 200,000 Square Feet, 1 Inch Trigger. My Contract States That The Snowfall Will Be Determined By The Star Ledger Newspaper, They Give Results As Precipitation In Water. This Is A New Customer And I Don't Want To Get Off On The Wrong "foot". Thanks, Gary.
  2. prizeprop

prizeprop Senior Member

I also push in Edison, and I am guessing we had depths of no more than 3-4 inches. I did two pushes, one in the am and one in the pm after closing times. My first incremental on pricing is 1-4 inches, so there getting charged for two pushes at that bracket. I would no way write on bill 12 inches of snow removal, your just looking for a confrontation about the bill. Maybe charge them for two pushes to get the same money?After all,the storm lasted almost 20 hours, One push for a clear opening and the last for final clean. Only you know who saw what or what your contract states.

GBRONNE Junior Member

Thanks, Thats What I Was Going To Do, Acually Bill It For One Push At The 4-6" $2800.00 That Works Out To 175.00 Per Hour Per Truck, Gotta Be Fair!! But No Lowballin' Thanks Again, Gary.
  4. Watch out yelow

Watch out yelow Member

I wouldnt. You probably didnt have "snow". By me it came down as sleet/freezing rain, some snow. You cant use that conversion if its not snow that fell. However it does take some amount more to clear 4 inches of ice over 4 inches of snow. I would guess your numbers would be more due to the weight and degree of difficulty, not that conversion.

GBRONNE Junior Member

It Was Definately More Ice Crystals Than "snow", Your Right About That Conversion, I Really Did'nt Think About That, It's All White, And When We Have Had A Winter Like This One, Every Dime Counts But We Can't Be Greedy If We Want To Service Our Accounts Again Next Year! Guess Sometime Ya Gotta "bite The Bullet" And Suck It Up. Lets See What Happens Next Saturday, Clipper Moving In From The Northwest, Good Luck Boys! Gary.