1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Yes or No to a Boss plow??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bowtie_guy, Dec 8, 2004.

1. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Tomorrow I'm going to look at a boss plow that is currently on a 86 Bronco. It has power angle and up/down.

Basically I want to know if it is a good plow? Anything common to go on these I should look at?? It's 6 or 7 years old. Quick mount of some sort.

Finally does 1800 seem like a rip off if it's in "fair to good" condition??

1800 Canadian by the way!! :)

Be going on my 87 F-150.
  2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I love my Boss! I'm not sure about that price though. Mine is only 3 yrs.old and I'm selling it in the spring for $1800.00. I'd try to talk him down a little bit. :waving:
  3. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Thanks for the input Boss. Well the plow is still on the truck so if I say i'll remove it I'd save a few bucks I'm sure not to mention the amount I could prob bargin for. There isn't much for sale around here so if it looks good and I can get it down a bit I think I'm gonna take it.

Also it has a control pad instead of a joy-stick. Never used one before but sure it can't be too hard to learn. :drinkup:
  4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

You won't be dissapointed.
  5. intlco

intlco Senior Member

Based on the exchange rate, it sounds like a good deal. It's a lot better price then a new one which will run around 4500-5500 USD depending on dealer.

I'd say off hand the blade is worth at least 1000 USD base on the age as long as it is working. If the paint is bad, you can buy a quart of red rust oleum for 10 USD and paint it and it'll look new.