1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Yes, It's pricing/process again...

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by dtfreeman, Dec 3, 2003.

1. dtfreeman

dtfreeman Junior Member

Okay, I'm new to snow management. I plan on starting with my existing residential base. Eventually moving to some commercial. Pricing by the push seems to be the "best" method. I should use a 2" trigger? and plow as many times as possible when that 2" accumulates? What if I can't get back to the property before I have 4-6" of accumulation? Do I charge more for those "pushes"? and have a per event pricing schedule in place?2-4, 4-6, 6-8 etc?

Sidewalk clearing? is there an average number of linear feet cleared per hour by shovel?, broom?, or thrower? Do this on a per "push" also?

Lastly salting: Do it once? do it every push?Charge per square foot? For such small properties I'm guessing a fert. spreader to put out the salt.

Any imput appreciated,
  2. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

Dave, welcome ! Try doing a search here. This question gets asked, and answered, every couple of months. If you still have any questions, feel free to ask.