1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Yes, I have another question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 79Chevy, Oct 5, 2003.

1. 79Chevy

79Chevy Junior Member

Currently on my truck I have a quadrajet (rochester) with an electric choke that I have no idea where to plug it in at.....
    On tuesday I am gettin my Edelbrock carb with an electric choke.... and I have no idea where it is supposed to be hooked up at....
    Anything will help... thanks

2. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

The electric choke needs to be powered by a key on acc cir. Check your fan motor as in 79 most of the GM line up had the free flowing air system which made the fan powered at all times. I have done this before and it worked great.

3. EZSnow

EZSnow Senior Member

I assume you're changing the intake, too, as the q-jet and e-brock have different patterns. I don't know how many intake jobs you've done, but DON'T USE THE END SEALS!! I just finished a similar swap on a vette... here's the thread.

No fun for me, hopefully you can learn from my mistakes.

4. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

EZsnow, look at it this way, you could change an intake alot quicker now I bet.:D

5. EZSnow

EZSnow Senior Member

35-40 min... including checking tdc on #1 and re-indexing the dist...

6. 79Chevy

79Chevy Junior Member

Im sorry I guess I failed to mention that I already have a Edelbrock Intake Manifold......

Thanks to all for all the info......

7. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

Is the intake for the spread bore?

8. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

I would get the q-jet fixed as it will be cheaper in the long run. The q-jet is expensive but worth it. I have used many carbs in the past before learning this. Go with a Jet performance Q-jet.

9. 79Chevy

79Chevy Junior Member

Yes the intake is good to go!!

10. wyldman

wyldman Member

The choke needs a key on power feed.If you have an Edelbrock manifold,it will accept both carb bolt patterns.

I'd recommend a Q-Jet over an Edelbrock carb too,but sometimes you just can't beat the price on a new Edelbrock.They are pretty cheap.