1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Yes, another Dodge

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Metro Lawn, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Yes, I just closed the deal on yet another pre-94 Dodge truck. What do you think?

1993 Dodge W250 LE 4x4 extended cab
    Cummins Turbo Diesel ( 83,000 ) original miles
    Automatic trans
    9.5' Western Uni-mount
    Buyers Stainless V-box
    New tires and wheels
    pretty much loaded - power everything
    only rust is on driver floor about the size of a quarter.

7155_1.jpg

8735_1.jpg

7c70_1.jpg

81f6_1.jpg

c163_1.jpg

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

looks sick, what did you pay for it?

3. Metro Lawn

$7200.00 lol is "sick" good or bad?

4. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

I was watching that one on e-bay. What did you get if for. They were asking 7200. Why all the old dodges not that there's anything wrong with them I love mine. Just was interested in your reasons for running all old dodges.

5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Metro, would you please leave some nice older Dodges for the rest of us? Are you starting a museum or something? You are the sole reason that the prices are going up on the old iron trucks.:D Looks good. Well worth the $7200.

6. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

All these old trucks might make you look unprofessional. (just kidding)

actually i am sure these trucks being older helps your bottom line tremendously. cheaper to maintain, insure, register, and you can probably do most of the maint. yourself. And you can get the money back from the purchase alot quicker.
    good luck with it.:)

7. Metro Lawn

I try to stick with them because the drive lines are stronger. 1994-2002 are bad for transmissions. I haven't lost a trans since 1998, except in our 95 Dodge 2500. I know these trucks well, and I know what need to stay on the road. I laugh every time we get a big snow and the streets are lined with brand new trucks broke down on the side. At the same time my old trucks are still working and still making money. The only thing a new truck is good for is a payment. You're a fool if you think just because it is new, it is more dependable. I have 23 years of experience to back it up.

8. Metro Lawn

They are mine...
    mine, I tell you...
    all mine !!!!!!!!

rofl :waving:

9. sparky8370

sparky8370 Senior Member

I thought you were serious until I read the part about the only rust being the size of a quarter.

J/K:D

10. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

Nice truck!! I would drive it. I have had about 6 or 7 of the 91-93 dodges with the diesels, they will run forever, the one I owned had 400k miles on it!! And still had the original clutch. They like the water pumps, and voltage regulators. I have seen these older trucks go for up to 15k! thats nuts

11. dakotasrock

dakotasrock Senior Member
    from MN

wow! only 83k miles? Thats REALLY good.

12. Kennedy81

Kennedy81 Senior Member

Very sweet truck!
    Only problem I've had with mine is a snapped the output shaft in the tranny last winter plowing. My tranny guy said it looked to him like there was probably a flaw in the heat treat process...
    My only regret is putting a tighter torqe converter in it, sure it takes off a bit harder with no load, but it doesn't seem to quite put the power to the ground for pushing snow or pulling a trailer like it used to. I think I'll get some 190 injectors to maybe up some power.

13. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I'd take it over a new one anyday.

14. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

Metro, you buy the older dodges like i do with the older chevys.

Love the 89-95 chevy 2500s. I have a ton of them

15. RODHALL

RODHALL Senior Member

truck looks good, but i think it needs paint white trucks plowing white snow makes the plow driver really have to lookout for everyone else....

I would have bought it if was closer to me.

16. Metro Lawn

It will be painted red in the spring. They dropped it off today. I ended up getting it for $6500. I found a few flaws to knock the price down. Turn signals not working (fuse), passanger window off track, leaking seal on plow pump, radio speakers crackling. ect. Overall a decent truck though.

17. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Thats a heck of a deal for $6500. I would say that you pretty much stole that.

18. Metro Lawn

19. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

20. Metro Lawn

I don't think it was a cold start. It is sitting in the middle of the driveway like it was just pulled up there for pics. Even if it was, it's a Dodge... it can take it...lol