1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Yellow western?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Dogplow Dodge, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

2. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

yup looks like a meyers plow to me haha

3. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Go figure... Someone on Craigslist that doesn't know what they're selling. What a surprise.

4. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

:laughing:

Aint it da trooth !

:p

5. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

theyre strategy was to say its a western so that someone might actually buy it theyll think hey westerns are good plows but in reality its a meyers junk plow

6. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

That's a meyers plow. Older one, doesn't appear that anything in particular is wrong with it. Looks like an E-47 pump, slow, but if you maintain it, they go forever.

Not sure why so many get their panties in a knot over western vs meyer, the current western "small truck" blade is an absolute piece of shi.t. In fact, I would DEFINITELY take the current meyer small-truck blade over the western.

7. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

hehe. texted him saying its a meyer.

coudl it be a western blade with meyer pump. the lift frame looks like mine which is from a really really old western

8. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

no, it's not a western mount or blade. western didn't make any curved shaped mounts like that, and there's no curl on the top of the blade. actually the blade kind of looks like a fisher, with that flat top. meyers should have a angle at the top.

9. birddseedd

so then what kinda lift frame do i have? [​IMG]

10. jasonv

from kannada

Look at those yellow cylinders... that's a myestern.

11. jasonv

from kannada

The blade looks just like my older (of two) meyers.... which I'll admit, may not actually be a meyers blade, although I strongly suspect it is.

12. birddseedd

lol. good one

13. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

hi birddseedd.
    your blade looks like a 70's style Western (5 ribs, quad attaches with three 3/4" pins). your mount is meyers. the aframe and quadrant don't look right. I'd say somebody modified a meyer aframe and quadrant to hook up to a western blade.
    the 70's western would have 1" cylinder pins, and 1" hitch pins. the meyers would have 5/8" hitch pins and 3/4" cylinder pins. it probably looks like a bunch of work had been done up where the quadrant meets the blade, right?

14. birddseedd

That part i did not build. although noone has been able to identify it as of yet.

what about the lift frame?

15. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yes the liftframe , (which would basically be the mount on a conventional), looks like some kind of meyers. it might have been modified at some point when moved from truck to truck.
    and I think I'll change my mind on the aframe and quad. they do look more like western than meyers I think. got some closer pics of the back of the aframe and the front of the quadrant?

16. birddseedd

[​IMG]

like this?

17. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

I think the quadrant is an original old style conventional western, but somebody has done a major modification where the cylinders attach. I'm thinking the a-frame may have been completely fabricated. do you have another pic of the back of the a-frame?

18. birddseedd

where it hooks to the mount? compleetly fabed. nothign original

19. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

ok cool. so you have western blade, quadrant, power unit, and control, and meyers mount and cylinders, and homemade a-frame.

20. birddseedd

oh. and dont forget the jeep bumper i had to cut it off of.