1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

yellow pages

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by thundercat99, Dec 8, 2004.

1. thundercat99

thundercat99 Senior Member

when do you put your listing in for nexct year am i too late
  2. andersonbldrs

andersonbldrs Member

Call the book you want in. Aound here theres about 4
  3. The Coach

The Coach Junior Member

Hey Thunder...

I did this to help determine how much our yellow page ad worked for my collision shop.
    I put in a second "800" number and only used it in my Yellow Page ad. That way I could track all the incoming calls from the ad. Also we always asked customers how they heard of us.

I had a quarter page ad for 2 years and only got a couple dozen calls from it :cry:
    Most of them were tire kickers
  4. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

CAT.........Yellow page display ads cost $$$$$ and you must sign a yearly contract. Plus nowadays there are so many so called "yellow pages" produced by many different companies.

BEWARE of phony companies that produce so called "yellow pages"

Your best bet is to use the "official" yellow pages of the Bell companies...Usually your local phone company. Call them and ask for publishing dates, etc. !

I own a bar/rest./hotel in the bar name and I am listed in the official BEll co. yellow pages for FREE under taverns, rest. and motels. Thats 3 free listings!
    I also have a motel in a resort area..I also have a listing in the Bell yellow pages there FREE under motel listings.............

Sure its just my business name, address, and phone...BUT its FREE with the price of my monthly phone bill.

800 numbers are a waste. They cost YOU $$$ for every call ! You got all the tire kickers shopping at YOUR expense................
    If they wanna shop let them pay for the call !

Best advise........Get a business phone number at your house with your name..............Example: Cats Snowplowing and Lawn maint. co.
    It will be listed for FREE in the yellow pages in the snowplowing and lawn maint. listings....................
    Sure its not a BIG display ad.....But your there listed with the big boy companies and the cost is NADA......................geo :drinkup:
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2004
  5. The Coach

The Coach Junior Member

6. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Coach.....I had a 800 # a few years back for my motel. Most folks that called were just price shopping ! After a season of $100 a month 800 # charges and fees on top of the phone bill....(Only $65 )..........Screw that !