1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Year Round, Part Time Job

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by QuadPlower, Nov 22, 2008.

1. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

I have been working on a huge bid for the City I do a lot of work for. It involves picking up the tree limbs the residents put out by the curb. Each quadrant of the City gets a Monday of the month to get picked up. The last contractor, for the last two years has collected 5000 cubic yards of mulched tree limbs. It is a year round job that should only take Monday and Tuesday of each week. Some weeks are heavy and will require more.

On the 20th I won the bid! It is a 3 year contract with 3 additional years available.

I bid enough profit into it to cover my personal expenses all year long. This is the first time in 15 years that I will have a "steady income". I don't have to rely on Mother Nature to make a living during the winter, or summer for that matter. Now, even though I still love it and will continue to do it, I don't have to worry about snow plowing for income.

Earlier this year I lost my largest plowing contract by being under bid. Just a note to anyone that lost contracts this year and are worried. Just keep bidding and pushing to improve your business and something will come your way.

2. Cassy

Cassy Senior Member

I totally agree with that, it's the only way to win.
    Good job! payup

3. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Congrats, I assume they pay monthly? It's like having a per season plow contract but without the possibility of getting screwed too bad.

4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Congrats...my experience with city work has been awesome...in fact its most of what we chase and do now. Good luck with it. Those are little gems.

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Great news. You can just make extra money plowing too.