1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

$ year old Toro 521 snow blower - What is it worth?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TSG, Jan 21, 2002.

1. TSG

TSG Member

The title is supposed to say '4' year old... not $ :D

I was at one of my lawn customers house today trying to get a contract signed for this season. No luck.. he's moving shortly.. but he mentions he has this snow blower and will have no use for it. It's 4 years old and looks like new. The only problem he said he is having with it.. is the primer button does not work...

I didn't look to see what HP it was.. He said it cost him $900

How much should I offer him?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2002
  2. Evan528

Evan528 PlowSite.com Veteran

Its a 5hp tecumseh. 521= 5hp 21inch clearing width. Id offer him 500 bucks for it!
  3. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

I would wait till the next storm then go see him and take it for a test drive before I offered him any money.
  4. casey

casey Banned

No idea what it's worth but probably more than this, unless it's a collectable.

5. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

ok i have a related guestion...... im looking for a backup to my toro 521 ( i payed $799 for it new) aand im looking at a little 4.5 hp 21in clearing width.Ive seen them for $399. is that abot right?
  6. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Casey is that your snowhound?

I'd offer $350 for the 521

WHITE=GREEN Senior Member

columbiapower, if your looking for a reliable backup i wouldnt buy one of those $399 blowers like MTD ( made to disinigrate) or a Yard Man etc. i had one that didnt even last 6 storms. they are real junk. save a few extra bucks and get another toro or a honda. i just bought a honda hs 520 and man is that thing awesome, paid $600 for it. you can buy them online cheaper plus no sales tax. just my 2 cents.
  8. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

I know its a different model, BUT......

For Informational purposes only

Just before last winter, I purchased a demo Toro HS621 from a local lawn and garden shop. It was a year old and hardly used at all, but they couldnt sell it as brand new.

I paid $600 for mine and it was well worth it.

Just remember you get what you pay for.

And if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
  9. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

We run 2 Toro 521 and 2 honda's we paid $380 each for the 521's