1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Year of plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Chrisj, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Chrisj

Chrisj Junior Member

Is there a simple way to tell the year of a snow plow weather it be a boss, western, heniker. Just curious. Been plowing for years, as fast as they change styles of plows just wondering if there was a way to tell there age. Does any manufacture have a web site to visit for that info. Thanks
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  2. UltraLwn&Lndscp

UltraLwn&Lndscp Senior Member

check the serial number and call the company. On Westerns the first digits (if I remember) are the manufacture date.
  3. Chrisj

Chrisj Junior Member

Hey thanks for the rep[y. Yea there are so many out there. I guess if i was around them more i could probably figure it out. Been out of the loop awhile. Try[ng to design a cutting edge to limit damage to fragile surfaces, sod gravel whatever. I'll figure it out. Thanks
  4. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Use a Poly cutting edge they are easy on the grass. Or use a pipe that is cut and slides over your cutting edge.
  5. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

Fisher codes it into the serial number. I don't recall offhand just what the formula is, but I can post it here if you or another reader wants to know more.

Ditto on the "sod pipe" idea for the blade edge, too. I think there's at least one thread on here about that, if you use "sod pipe" as a search term.